No clue what these are...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok so I found 2 vacuum switch on firewall. Nothing hooked up to them. Are they important? I found the wires just hanging, no vacuum lines.

Also, where does the choke pull off get its vacuum? Lower ports or a special port.

Thanks ! Got truck running at least now. Of course the steering box is leaking through the steering column connection. Maybe just another seal...

I really do appreciate the help from the forum members. Also the manuals are fantastic !!

M

Attachments

• IMG_7007.JPG
    IMG_7007.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 69

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Tip In switch for the mixture control valve in the Quadrajet. I was thinking TCC switch for the other, but that can't be with a Turbo 400, so it must be a 700R4.
They would both had vacuum lines originally.
Choke pull off gets full vacuum less than an inch from it. Front of the carb towards base, if it looks like these, mounted on passenger's side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok Thanks. I guess I need to ask, do I need these? When they swapped the engine to a 350 crate long block I have no EGR valve, smog pump or such. More wire are disconnected on the engine than are connected.

Thank you,

M

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I was thinking one was for the ESC, and one was for the converter lockup... That carb to me looked like an M4ME with a dual stage accelerator pump. I didn't see a TPS sensor on it in the picture.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Electric Choke

Well I ordered another electric choke. But found out that the blue wire that was the choke wire was only 10 volts and chock was now working correctly. When I hook up to the choke it was only showing 9.2 v. So I took a full 12v lead and hooked up to choke and it works much better BUT, I noticed the choke light no longer comes in the dash when you turn the key.

M

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
some photos...

Attachments

• IMG_6986x.jpg
    IMG_6986x.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6990.JPG
    IMG_6990.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 101

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
You have the two position, mixture control valve (different than the solenoid with full computer control - they are blue) circled. It defaults rich when inop, IIRC. I would probably hook it up if it was mine, but you probably won't be able to tell a difference.

It appears you have a different style choke pull off from what I referenced (mine is from '84 car). It looks like you have a full vacuum connection to yours, which would be correct. The diaphragm in them is typically shot by now, which is why i had the old one and new one pictured. Mine died very slowly and appeared to work when I was watching and checking it, until it finally got bad enough.

IF I am correct that your other switch was for the locking torque converter on a 700R4 / 4L60 transmission, and you have an unmodified transmission, it really needs to be operative. Besides the fuel mileage loss, running the transmission with the torque converter unlocked in overdrive causes them to overheat. The torque converter can even turn blue from getting so hot.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Which switch is for the torque converter (R or L)? Sounds important !

Thank u

M

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Jerry many thanks sir !! :cheers:

Well I would say I need to hook that puppy back up and run a manifold vacuum to it. Wonder if the other one needs to be hooked up?

Thanks

M

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok never mind. Starting to get the hang of this.

Switch is a ESC vacuum. Since the modified 1985 K10 I have has no ESC distributor on its motor, it is not need.

M

Attachments

• esc-vacuum.jpg
    esc-vacuum.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 61

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Jerry many thanks sir !! :cheers:

Well I would say I need to hook that puppy back up and run a manifold vacuum to it. Wonder if the other one needs to be hooked up?

Thanks

M

You have the two position, mixture control valve (different than the solenoid with full computer control - they are blue) circled. It defaults rich when inop, IIRC. I would probably hook it up if it was mine, but you probably won't be able to tell a difference.

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Would like to hook back up but not sure what wires it goes to. My current 350 motor has no ESC , smog pump or EGR valve.

M

InVision

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I looked up the trans code and it is a TH700 trans. Not sure if that is good or bad...

M

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71