New to square bodys, truck won't stay running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Don't feel too bad, we've all had situations like that before. At least I sure know I have.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Found the issue guys! Before I say what it was, I want to thank you all for your ideas and help!

A friend came over and wanted to help me get the trucking running again and well this friend isn't the brightest but he has worked as a mechanic before. I told him to go under the dash and check all the fuses, so without hesitation, he dove right in while I was under the hood inspecting. From in the cab I hear, "they're all good!" Well a couple days later, I wake up in frustration because I couldn't figure the problem out! I go outside and before looking any further under the hood, I said to myself, "let ME check the fuses. Dad always said, if you want it done right, you got to do it yourself." I climbed under there and saw 2 ECM fuses. Pulled the first, it was good. Pulled the second, and it was fried. Ran to walmart, and $3.00 later I had my Chevy running again.

I feel like a moron.

Don't feel bad we spent over $5000 on a rollback at an international dealership because of a faulty fuse. If that's the worse you do, your going to be just fine man.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Now the question is what blew the fuse? :popcorn: