NEW Tire Purchases - Sizes, Deals and Reviews !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Didn't he live in a converted school bus somewhere out in Okrahoma???
Heard he and HotRod were roomies for a hot minute :shrug: Do you think HotRod was lead spooner or the spoonee?? :hmm:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
buddy of mine here in town got the next size up mastercraft for $70 more than walmart for a set of 4.
I think the system may make users unable to be tagged if they haven't been here for a long time until they log back in. Probably assume that there's no reason to tag someone who's not active :shrug:
agree

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't know. Haven't heard from him in many years now. He used to call me from time to time. Last I had heard, me moved out of MO and I think towards his inlaws. That didn't work out well and went back to MO fairly quick IIRC and have not heard from him sicne. .

Well dang, now I'll never get to see a thread about his boom truck, lol.

I do miss a lot of the absurd posts of his though. You never knew what to expect when you logged in here every day.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well dang, now I'll never get to see a thread about his boom truck, lol.

I do miss a lot of the absurd posts of his though. You never knew what to expect when you logged in here every day.
Ohh my bad. I thought you were talking about oneluckypops for some reason. So youi're talking about D. Bell. So you guys all know he got married and his mamma helped him buy a trailer house out in the country and had a shop/barn built. Honestly, had me jealous. Not a bad set up at all. So with the shop, he started his own lawm mower or small engine repair shop out of his at home barn. Not sure who'd a wanted to hit it, but his wife was cheating on him. You know there's dudes out there that'll stab any wet hole so long as the legs will fall apart a bit regardless of looks, marital status etc. So the poor guy ended up filing for the big D. IIRC, thankfully everything was in his mamma name or something like that, so he did get to keep what was his for the most part. There was a few things he wasn't happy about in the D division of assets but for the most part, he was able to keep his bidness. He then had a new girl living with him for awhile that kinda took care of the wife duties, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc, but said to be "Just Friends". Knowing D.B., he probably didn't know how to go about the approach to tap dat azz. Unless I'm thinking of someone else, his "friend" ended up getting some terminal illness, cancer of some sort IIRC and may even have passed by now. :shrug: I should check in on him. I think he's a friend on my FB still. I'all check into that and make sure I'm right about all that and not confusing him with someone else. I just know he hasn't had it easy there for a minute or 2 or 3.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ohh my bad. I thought you were talking about oneluckypops for some reason. So youi're talking about D. Bell. So you guys all know he got married and his mamma helped him buy a trailer house out in the country and had a shop/barn built. Honestly, had me jealous. Not a bad set up at all. So with the shop, he started his own lawm mower or small engine repair shop out of his at home barn. Not sure who'd a wanted to hit it, but his wife was cheating on him. You know there's dudes out there that'll stab any wet hole so long as the legs will fall apart a bit regardless of looks, marital status etc. So the poor guy ended up filing for the big D. IIRC, thankfully everything was in his mamma name or something like that, so he did get to keep what was his for the most part. There was a few things he wasn't happy about in the D division of assets but for the most part, he was able to keep his bidness. He then had a new girl living with him for awhile that kinda took care of the wife duties, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc, but said to be "Just Friends". Knowing D.B., he probably didn't know how to go about the approach to tap dat azz. Unless I'm thinking of someone else, his "friend" ended up getting some terminal illness, cancer of some sort IIRC and may even have passed by now. :shrug: I should check in on him. I think he's a friend on my FB still. I'all check into that and make sure I'm right about all that and not confusing him with someone else. I just know he hasn't had it easy there for a minute or 2 or 3.

Damn, poor guy.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Short bus for the WIN

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just stalked his FB page. He posted as late as yesterday about the weather, and has posted a couple memes with riding mowers. So he's still Dave and kickin'. The last pic he posted with that "friend" that was living with him was in Oct. 2019 and she's in a hospital bed, so I think I may be correct that she was ill, and nothing posted on her page since 2019, so I think maybe she has passed. I won't swear to anything, but reading between the lines, I think my memory may be correct. THIS TIME. You know the PITA that he was, he never hurt anyone and just wanted to fit in and tried his a$$ off trying to do so. We're not all created equal bottom line. But you know what?!?!? I think we did good for ourselves by tolerating what we did and even defending him when the a$$hats would come in and talk $hit to and about him. Dude was totally harmless just a bit annoying and have to admit, always good for a laugh or 2 or 20 or 30. :lol: But yeah, I think we handled him very well considering. You know most forums would have just allowed that guy to be beat on and belittled all the time, and he was the type that would take it and keep taking it just like a punching bag and we didn't allow it. We do deserve pats on the back IMO, even though a few times, we ourselves might have even taken a light jab at him.

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
My info about the Tspec tire being the bad tires, and the Retail tires being good tires, came from a GM Stealership Service Dept. I had also mentioned that to a tire store salesman he agreed with that 100%, that the retail tires were safe, it was the OEM aka Tspec tires that were the problem. I see someone posted a link about it, but that appears to all be about what happened in court and the recalls. I didn't read it all though.
@HotRodPC My info on the Firestone/Explorer deal was Ford was getting customer complaints about the harsh ride of the Explorer. Ford decided to adjust the tire inflation sticker in the door jamb down below Firestone's minimum air pressure that they deemed necessary for the weight without consulting Firestone. And that's when the rollovers started to happen due to decreased pressure and "lack of maintenance" from customers.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
@HotRodPC My info on the Firestone/Explorer deal was Ford was getting customer complaints about the harsh ride of the Explorer. Ford decided to adjust the tire inflation sticker in the door jamb down below Firestone's minimum air pressure that they deemed necessary for the weight without consulting Firestone. And that's when the rollovers started to happen due to decreased pressure and "lack of maintenance" from customers.
I won't say it's not true at all. I've heard different stories. But what is a fact, Both Ford and Firestone blamed each other back and forth and didn't want to take responsibility. But like I said somewhere in these posts, I bought some of those tires in a dfferent size for my 97 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 in the retail version from a tire store, brand new for dirt cheap, and then another set 2 months later for my 98 Eddie Bauer Expecition 4x4 also for dirt cheap and they weer actually good tires with no issues, and obviously I didn't die and none of my vehicles flipped. Just that once something gets a bad rep, noone will buy it. I wasn't skeered but I sure took advantage of it and saved a butt load of cash. They were ridiculously cheap. I want to say like about 25% of the retail price, so like 75% off the suggested retail price. And you had to ask for them, the store didn't even advertise them or offer them. They didn't want the liability or the bad PR by selling them. It was one of those deals, if you know, you know and I found out from a friend who worked at a competitor tire store. That tire store was actually doing dirty pool and was buying them for their customers from this other tire store at the same price I was getting them for and then selling them for probably 75% of retail, so they were making some good money on those tires.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Yep. Iirc, Ford dealers were setting the tire pressure to 26 psi. In my opinion, that's very stupid... I'd a told them whiny wimps that they bought a truck-based SUV and it's not a damn car.

At any rate, I believe it was a combination of problems.
1: whiny Ford customers
2: dealers inflating tires to only 26 psi
3: that particular model of tire was not at all tollorant of heat buildup from lower air pressures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1