New member here. 78 k10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All you gotta do is figure out how to get the bent stick out of that flat thing with the clippy, and switch holes.

Surely there are proper nouns for them deals but I don't know what they are...was kinda hopin somebody what does would chirp in.

Wait for it.....

You're playin with a Quadrajet, right?

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well now that I have the right terms down..... lol! I’m actually dealing with an edlebrock carb. I saw a video on how to adjust the carb, and where the accelerator pump plunger is. I kind of understand it but going to a little reading on it.

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The few YouTube videos I’ve seen make it look pretty easy to work on. Just a few steps to do.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Lol an Edelbrock? No wonder it don't run right...I can't help you.

You'll have to get a better carburetor first. You already know how great Edelbrocks are! Get used to it.

Last edited:

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lol an Edelbrock? No wonder it don't run right...I can't help you.

You'll have to get a better carburetor first. You already know how great Edelbrocks are! Get used to it.

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Are they really that bad? Are they just crap out of the box or do they need lots of attention? What would be a recommendation from you guys? Seems like a rebuilt quadra jet is the way to go? Heard they were really complicated! But if they work than that’s fine!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Awww that sounded a lot meaner than i intended.

I have first-hand experience with all three and consider the Edebrock the overall worst of the three. I'm certain it boils to personal preference but I JUST bought a new Holley.

I hope you can get your problems sorted out, there is a TON of help within the bounds of this MSB.

Search for a thread by @rich weyand .

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Didn’t sound mean, just sounded like you had a definite opinion. I’ve heard only bad things about edlbrock so far.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've had good luck with quadra jet and Holley carbs. The last edelbrock was a little cantankerous. Some guys swear by them. I guess whatever you have good luck with.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome! Add my name to the list of those not liking Edelbrock carbs. I do like their intake though that I have. TBH the carb was probably a failure of my making. I had a 4.3L in a 93 1500 that I swapped out to put a v8 in and used an edelbrock 650. Instead of running a manual pump I left the old TBI electric pump in the tank and a pressure regulator in the line to bring down the psi for the carb. It worked for a month or so and I found fuel coming out of every gasket mated surface. Switched to the qjet that was on the motor to start with and that lasted until I sold the truck not long after.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bought an Edelbrock 1406 a long time ago when I worked at O'Reilly's. It came on top of a 307 SBC in a 1973 Camaro Type LT.

I had rotty mismatched mufflers on it. Red with black stripes and NO interior. One fiberglass "racing seat" and the gauge cluster worm gear clamped to the column. :headbang:
It was hardcore but proved WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for my high school budget. Hay, my heart was in the right place....

Worst thing about it? I was CONSTANTLY ******* with that goddamned Edelbrock carb.
What a ******* piece of ****! I'd be lucky if the base idle screws would hold adjustment for ONE NIGHT's worth of cruising.
I mistakenly kept that p.o.s. 1406 for a backup and shelved it until the Holley 750 I had on my 1981 T/A's 406 cashed out AT A LIGHT one night while I was racing some dudes.
I went home and swapped on the 1406 and got my ass handed to me by a turbo Eclipse. :mad: Shouldn't have happened. :(
For shame!
It wouldn't hold tune for 15 minutes....i'll never, ever use another one.

Never!
(It's still in there on the shelf.)

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I used to have an 8O K10 that I bought in 85. Automatic with manual hubs. Did what I needed and went where I wanted. One of my favorite trucks ever, so of course it was stolen in 88.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL