New member here. 78 k10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like a 1406 is what I have. The issue is that the truck is kind of “jumpy” at low rpm. I can keep my foot on the gas but the truck keeps lurching forwards and back as I putt down a back road. Under load, (if I give it some gas) it seems much more smooth. Do you guys thnk I’m on the right track looking at the carb?
New cap, rotor, plugs, wires, exhaust gaskets up front. They may not be perfect, but pretty dang good and the timing is now dead on. Some have said check the accelerator pump, the coolest temp sensor and I’ve been thinking carb.... would love any input from you guys who might have been through similar

Olin

Reaction score
First Name
OJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, I thought I’d leave an update here. I’ve been reading up on the edelbrock carb. Seems easy to work on at least. I’ve still got a “surge” chugging along at low rpm. Goes away as soon as I give it any gas. I’ve replaced plugs, wires, coil, cap, rotor, fuel filter, exhaust manifold gaskets and wired open that dumb heat riser. Also replaced the PCV valve. That actually helped a lot! Who knew such a little thing could make such a difference! I’ve been reading that to make the carb work best I should fuss with The timing. Some say advance it 12 degrees, some have their own Tricks. I’m going to bring it to a shop and just have them take a look. When I adjust the idle mixture, not a lot seems to happen. Also, the vacuum seems low (15psi), so I’m going to have them get it set up right... I hope, and maintain it from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota