new member, 88 v3500 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice truck, Welcome!

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
The Speedo is 5mph off at 70. So not sure how that affects odometer but if the truck stays moving ya, calculated 12 mpg doing my 60 mile 1 way commute to work. Around town with all the stop lights it is closer to 5. Barely sees 4th gear and time to slow down again lol.can't wait to move

12mpg for a lifted 4x4 1 ton with a 454, is pretty good

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
12mpg for a lifted 4x4 1 ton with a 454, is pretty good

Ya that's why I'm scared to touch anything under the hood! I found a complete v3500 parts rig and nabbed all the belt drive accessories to put mine back to stock. I'm trying to get my a.c.working again my truck has a billet aluminum under drive serp setup right now. Looks bling but spins so slow the alt and power steering are doing no work at idle.... also has dual E fans.gonna keep them as they are probably helping my fuel millage the most.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Ya that's why I'm scared to touch anything under the hood! I found a complete v3500 parts rig and nabbed all the belt drive accessories to put mine back to stock. I'm trying to get my a.c.working again my truck has a billet aluminum under drive serp setup right now. Looks bling but spins so slow the alt and power steering are doing no work at idle.... also has dual E fans.gonna keep them as they are probably helping my fuel millage the most.

Im on the hunt for a factory serpentine belt system for my 454. Not hunting too hard though lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh damn, that's nice. :drool: :manos:

Welcome to GMSB !!!

attachment.php

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
Thank you, finally getting the electrical finished up. Got a patch panel for the huge hole where the DVD player was and install Retro sound dual knob radio... I took my door panels and seats to the upholstery shop they're getting reworked as we speak. So in the meantime I'm laying down dynamat in the doors and doing ceramic coating on the floorboards and I'll topcoat with bed liner.

Also fixed my rear main seal leak got new valve covers and the complete factory serp setup for A/C. Coming along nicely I'll post pictures when it starts going back together

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thank you, finally getting the electrical finished up. Got a patch panel for the huge hole where the DVD player was and install Retro sound dual knob radio... I took my door panels and seats to the upholstery shop they're getting reworked as we speak. So in the meantime I'm laying down dynamat in the doors and doing ceramic coating on the floorboards and I'll topcoat with bed liner.

Also fixed my rear main seal leak got new valve covers and the complete factory serp setup for A/C. Coming along nicely I'll post pictures when it starts going back together

Buckets up front would be sweet in that rig. Would give you open access to the back seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04