New Here. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyD30Guy

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a 87 d30 military truck. Pretty new to all of this, never really worked on vehicles but wanted this as a project. Just trying to get some help so I can get started on it.

I've been looking around just trying to find a good parts site, and i know that LMC is a pretty reliable site. But, when I look at the models d30 isn't one listed, so would k20 parts be interchangeable, or do you guys know of any better sites to find parts for a d30?

Any help would be appreciated, and please take it easy on me. :sorry:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a 87 d30 military truck. Pretty new to all of this, never really worked on vehicles but wanted this as a project. Just trying to get some help so I can get started on it.

I've been looking around just trying to find a good parts site, and i know that LMC is a pretty reliable site. But, when I look at the models d30 isn't one listed, so would k20 parts be interchangeable, or do you guys know of any better sites to find parts for a d30?

The D30 is the equivalent of the V30/K30. They're more commonly known as an M1008 CUCV. I mean, LMC is a good place for aftermarket stuff. There are other places that sell the parts, but I'm guessing they all come from the same Chinese factory when it boils down to it. What I do is just Google one part at a time and see how much it costs new. If it's something that you can pull off a junker, I much prefer that. The pickings are slim in my area, but maybe not yours. I've started going on Partshotlines.com to find stuff with success. There's also a fella on here who has tubs of CUCV parts. As far as K20 parts go, mostly yes. The 10, 20, and 30 have to do with the suspension and nothing else, but there are different year ranges for different parts. I would suggest starting a build thread with photographs and a detailed explanation of what your problems and goals are. Also, post your specific questions to the appropriate sub-forums, and you'll get answers pretty expediently. 6.2 Detroit Diesels are excellent motors. People scorn them for their lack of power, but if you want reliability, you absolutely cannot miss with it.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Hi Guys,

K30 part's would be the closest interchange. Boyce Equipment has alot of CUCV stuff, as well as Red River.

For ordinary part's, I prefer Classicparts.com, they have better shipping rates, and get me my stuff quickly.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Thanks for joining

Tony

Mr Clean