New from Santa Cruz CA 75 GMC K25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
GM Square body is AWESOME! I wanted a lifted truck since I can remember and was lucky enough to finally get one. It was someone else's project that couldn't keep it. My wife, who was still my fiance at the time, saw it on her way home from work and decided that I should have it. It had already been converted to 3/4 ton axles the rear of which has been converted to discs.(That's why I call it a K25, I couldn't figure out what it was originally?) It has a 6" lift on 37x12.50R16.5's. The motor is a 350, pretty much stock with a Edelbrock intake and carb. It has headers but I need to get new ones cause the driver's side is different from the passenger side and it won't stop leaking no matter what I do. I have found plenty of good information to use on GM square body and look forward to posting resto pics!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thanks Old 77:cheers:

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Welcome! Work had sent me to Santa Clara for 9 months from Montana. When I got tired of people I liked driving out to Santa Cruz to look at the ocean and hang out. Looks like a nice place to live. The highlight was seeing whales go up the coast during their winter migration.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thanks 77 K20

Welcome! Work had sent me to Santa Clara for 9 months from Montana. When I got tired of people I liked driving out to Santa Cruz to look at the ocean and hang out. Looks like a nice place to live. The highlight was seeing whales go up the coast during their winter migration.
I do that also. I only live about 5 miles from the closest beach so I get down there as often as I can. Especially this time of year! I watch for whales during they're migration and I try to get some pictures when I can. I'm also really close to Hollister Hills so when I get my truck finished I'm gonna do some wheelin! They actually hold the Top Truck Challenge there.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Welcome from Long Beach!

Glad to see that the Californian members are slowly starting to grow.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Welcome from Long Beach!

Glad to see that the Californian members are slowly starting to grow.

Thanks man! I just happened to stumble onto Square body and roamed around on here as a guest but figured I would sign up. I have quite a few things left to do on my truck before I start driving it and Square body has been VERY helpful! Thanks again for the reply!:cheers:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Howdy from Central CA. :cheers:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Howdy from Central CA. :cheers:

Just wondering.... Are there water restrictions where your @ It's crazy bad here there even giving tickets to people who get caught watering there yard more than once a month.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
They are gearing up for it here. I am not completely against it. We need water to drink, not to waste on lawns or watering sidewalks gutters on each side of the streets. It is amazing how much water ends up in the sumps here. I am not one of those political idiots you see on tv pushing this idea or that. We are in a major drought and water is our lifeline. If we don't have any to drink, we are screwed. We got away with wasting it for many years, now we are forced to conserve.

I personally have been conserving it for a very long time at my house. No lawn, just trees and shrubs. I only need to water them once or twice a month now. I almost have a canopy over my property, and it is nice for the energy bill. When I bought the place you could feel heat radiating from the walls in the afternoon. My bill was almost always $150/month or more, now even during the 100+ periods of summer, I am paying around $85/month. I strategically planted trees to block the sun at specific times during the day and graded the yards to drain towards the trees, so any rain water drains to the trees instead of the street. Even when we had major flooding throught the city in December 2010. my property had no issues whatsoever.

Went off on a tangent there, but yes, water restrictions coming.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I did the same, as far as directing water. I just sort of made the dirt around my rose bushes into a large bowl shape to catch and hold any rain water that we do get. I'll also be doing the same for my avocado trees. I was lucky to get the house with a large mature tree that provides cover over part of the house and have thought about placing other trees for cover but we rarely see 100+ days here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
My K25

Just like most of you, my love of trucks is the sole reason for being on GM square body. I've recently made it a point to go through as many old threads as possible to find answers to my questions as well as posting questions about the things that I'm trying to learn about. I've ran across quite a few interesting older threads that have inspired me. I'm learning about transfer cases and "doubling." also about 1/2 ton Rockwell axles....that appear to be a tuff install! Above all I have to say that I'm inspired to build a BAD ASS TRUCK! Thanks to all that have responded to my questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx