New from KS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Right now all they inspect in OK is spelling and grammatical errors. I get cited all the time. I'm going to go breed now with hot momma beside me.

:grd: :hump:

LYTEMUP

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom
Engine Size
305 c.i.
I used to be an inspector for the DPS in West Texas. I agree that a lot of it is getting pretty over the top in most states. TX is pretty bad around DFW and Houston.
Just passed through OKC a couple months ago. I like the bypass off the I-40 to I-44. Makes OKC easy to get through.
I like the teasing between people from Kansas and Oklahoma. Growing up in a border town I gave alot and took alot all my life.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Everytime I go to Oklahoma I feel like home. They are very nice people. These Cali people are who I pick on. Lol there are all kinds out here.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I used to be an inspector for the DPS in West Texas. I agree that a lot of it is getting pretty over the top in most states. TX is pretty bad around DFW and Houston.
Just passed through OKC a couple months ago. I like the bypass off the I-40 to I-44. Makes OKC easy to get through.
I like the teasing between people from Kansas and Oklahoma. Growing up in a border town I gave alot and took alot all my life.

Yep, and if you're traveling E-W You can also take that I-240 East which runs you thru the Southside of OKC, and it turns into I 44 then spits you back out on 1 40 out past Downtown OKC. And it does the same thing connection I 35 for N/S traffic so you actually probably did hit I 240 too and just didn't know it since it changes from I 44 without even realizing it.

LYTEMUP

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom
Engine Size
305 c.i.
I would gladly drive in Tulsa or KC any day compared to OKC. That place is a mad house.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
KC is where it's at :rocking:

LYTEMUP

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom
Engine Size
305 c.i.
Everytime I go to Oklahoma I feel like home. They are very nice people. These Cali people are who I pick on. Lol there are all kinds out here.
My mother's side of the family is from California and it is a nice place to visit, thats it. I will say I do love San Diego a very nice place to visit (or go to bootcamp and MCT). Especially when I traded my Ks winter for MCRD.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Welcome! You said you came to find info and advice? Well you're definitely in the right place. These guys are all helpful

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I would gladly drive in Tulsa or KC any day compared to OKC. That place is a mad house.

You must have been through here when the crosstown bridge was being built and traffic rerouted. I live in Broken Arron, (Sub of Tulsa) and worked in Tulsa as a Delivery driver for 8 months. I'll take OKC over Tulsa any day. Also drove from OKC to Tulsa at least 3 days a week, and sometimes 2 times a day to and from, picking up cars for IAA in the roll back. Tulsa isn't all that bad either, but OKC if far better. When I say Tulsa isn't all that bad, remember, I'm from Los Angeles. Now that is a mad house.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
You must have been through here when the crosstown bridge was being built and traffic rerouted. I live in Broken Arron, (Sub of Tulsa) and worked in Tulsa as a Delivery driver for 8 months. I'll take OKC over Tulsa any day. Also drove from OKC to Tulsa at least 3 days a week, and sometimes 2 times a day to and from, picking up cars for IAA in the roll back. Tulsa isn't all that bad either, but OKC if far better. When I say Tulsa isn't all that bad, remember, I'm from Los Angeles. Now that is a mad house.

I've been liking the Bay Area but San Francisco is a f*n mess. San Jose is beautiful but everything is so expensive. I love mountains and all the water in the area. There are just to many damn people.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been liking the Bay Area but San Francisco is a f*n mess. San Jose is beautiful but everything is so expensive. I love mountains and all the water in the area. There are just to many damn people.

That's the story in Commifornia. Way to many people.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
I am Mike and I live in KS. Not a regular Chevrolet owner, but I just picked up an 86 C10 2wd. 305 with a TH350. I hope to find quite a bit of useful information. Thanks
I like that quote in your signature :Big Laugh:

LYTEMUP

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom
Engine Size
305 c.i.
I can get around Tulsa pretty good. Growing up just across the line north of there we had no place to go for fun. Either Tulsa or Bartlesville. The thing with Tulsa is there is too much construction constantly. Living over this way now we are closer to Joplin, but that place gets boring fast.

My sig is totally the truth...lol My L has an 800 lbs payload so I can't haul anything, but I will give up that for 500+ horsepower any day. I gotta admit my old C10 is in very good shape for being 27 years old and has only been repainted. Granted it is on the second motor and trans.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
I can get around Tulsa pretty good. Growing up just across the line north of there we had no place to go for fun. Either Tulsa or Bartlesville. The thing with Tulsa is there is too much construction constantly. Living over this way now we are closer to Joplin, but that place gets boring fast.

My sig is totally the truth...lol My L has an 800 lbs payload so I can't haul anything, but I will give up that for 500+ horsepower any day. I gotta admit my old C10 is in very good shape for being 27 years old and has only been repainted. Granted it is on the second motor and trans.

I have a soft spot for a few gens of fords. If I ever find a reasonably priced L, it'll be in my driveway lol

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size