New exhaust going on soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
A while back I picked up some exhaust for the truck. Guy had a k5 he'd lowered (slammed?) and went with a better fitting system. So I got longtube headers, already fabbed 3" pipe with crossover and flow master super 40's with turn downs for just under $200! My dad is coming over Sunday to help with install, as I've never put on headers or exhaust and he's had several squares over the years. Hoping everything will go on without too much trouble since the k5 is pretty similar to the pickup right? Going to try and attach a couple pics of what I got....

Attachments

• IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 143

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Gas tank in the back vs. Side tank? I don't know but at least the mufflers are far away because 40s are loud all of the time and you've got no tailpipes! In a Blazer? LoLoL. Race truck Blazer!

I bet it'll fit alright, I'm certain the headers will. Nice score.

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Good deal for the money, hope you like it loud.

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Gas tank in the back vs. Side tank? I don't know but at least the mufflers are far away because 40s are loud all of the time and you've got no tailpipes! In a Blazer? LoLoL. Race truck Blazer!

I bet it'll fit alright, I'm certain the headers will. Nice score.

This is the k5 the system was on. Not my style but to each his own lol Guy was cool and had several squares in various stages of restomod.

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 125

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Good deal for the money, hope you like it loud.

I do! I had dual Flowmaster 10 series on my Camaro in high school lol. I figure this setup has got to sound better than factory logs and multiple leaks the stock exhaust has.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I do! I had dual Flowmaster 10 series on my Camaro in high school lol. I figure this setup has got to sound better than factory logs and multiple leaks the stock exhaust has.
Oh they sound good alright, just loud.

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Oh they sound good alright, just loud.

In my area the majority of trucks are straight piped good ol' boy trucks lol, I personally don't like the raspy straight pipe sound but I do want her to sound good. Should compliment the Edelbrock 1406 carb and Performer intake that are going on soon as well. I'll try and get a clip of it after each step.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
In my area the majority of trucks are straight piped good ol' boy trucks lol, I personally don't like the raspy straight pipe sound but I do want her to sound good. Should compliment the Edelbrock 1406 carb and Performer intake that are going on soon as well. I'll try and get a clip of it after each step.
Good tune on the carb and it will, that's the key.

Ramseyryan88

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Well we got rained out last week but finally got the headers on today. Unfortunately the exhaust setup I got won't fit so going to have to have it altered. I guess the Blazers use a different cross member? At least the headers went on with no major issues!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruggedly