New Canuck with an 85 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albertan85

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Fenderside
Engine Size
350 5.7 Litre
Hey everyone, my name is Tim and I'm in the Great White North, eh? I grew up in a hamlet called Cardiff just north of Edmonton in Alberta. I graduated college with a Television/Radio Broadcast degree in April but the economy tanked and I went back to my home town and got into the most secure industry I know; agriculture. I'm currently a seed plant operator at the local seed plant. If you've ever had "Cliff" bars, chances are the oats in there are from my plant! We have a very good relationship with Grain Millers who are second only to Quaker Oats.

Anyways, I've always dreamed of working on a project vehicle ever since my dad scrapped his '89 Ranger. I came across my '85 and had it towed back to my property. I've been working on it slowly since October and am just in the process of making it "road legal" up here. I'm hoping to have it registered and insured soon incase my Focus can't make it out of the driveway. Because, you know, work=money=parts. I have a friend who restores grain trucks and C/K10s as a hobby, hoping to go to some local show & shines this summer. My truck is a work in progress but my dog already loves sitting in it while the truck is running and the beast is loads of fun on packed snow!

Long list of things to do to it but it's what I signed up for and dreamed about since I was 12.

If you want to keep up on the truck, I'll be posting the first video of the truck soon to my YouTube channel, flatoutfocus but my Instagram (same handle) already has some of the progress I've made with the truck.

Looking forward to learning more about these gorgeous legends and hopefully get to know some of you!

Cheers,
Tim aka Albertan85

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I wanna see pics! I'll have to look you up on IG. I'm on there as "07burb"

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I didn't find you as "albertan85" :(

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Welcome Tim! Alberta has a special place in my heart. Made some really cool service trips up to the oils sands over the years! Really a cool Province and sort of the workhorse of Canada.

Albertan85

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Fenderside
Engine Size
350 5.7 Litre
Welcome aboard!

Thans Ken! Looking forward to learning as much as I can about my truck! Halfway through a exhaust swap, had to stop for the day, couldn't feel my feet haha

Albertan85

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Fenderside
Engine Size
350 5.7 Litre
Welcome Tim! Alberta has a special place in my heart. Made some really cool service trips up to the oils sands over the years! Really a cool Province and sort of the workhorse of Canada.

Thanks George! I drove through your lovely state in late August, reminds me lots of my drive up in north western BC in the Ft St John area! I love Alberta, unfortunately we kind of specialized in one industry and didn't invest in Ag and the others... it's bad economically here right now, the tables have turned since the first dip in '08. I do enjoy my holidays in the USA, I'd love to explore more of it, currently looking for a TV job in Phoenix where my sister lives. Loads of family in Idaho, Colorado and Wisconsin.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Hey everyone, my name is Tim and I'm in the Great White North, eh? I grew up in a hamlet called Cardiff just north of Edmonton in Alberta. I graduated college with a Television/Radio Broadcast degree in April but the economy tanked and I went back to my home town and got into the most secure industry I know; agriculture. I'm currently a seed plant operator at the local seed plant. If you've ever had "Cliff" bars, chances are the oats in there are from my plant! We have a very good relationship with Grain Millers who are second only to Quaker Oats.

Anyways, I've always dreamed of working on a project vehicle ever since my dad scrapped his '89 Ranger. I came across my '85 and had it towed back to my property. I've been working on it slowly since October and am just in the process of making it "road legal" up here. I'm hoping to have it registered and insured soon incase my Focus can't make it out of the driveway. Because, you know, work=money=parts. I have a friend who restores grain trucks and C/K10s as a hobby, hoping to go to some local show & shines this summer. My truck is a work in progress but my dog already loves sitting in it while the truck is running and the beast is loads of fun on packed snow!

Long list of things to do to it but it's what I signed up for and dreamed about since I was 12.

If you want to keep up on the truck, I'll be posting the first video of the truck soon to my YouTube channel, flatoutfocus but my Instagram (same handle) already has some of the progress I've made with the truck.

Looking forward to learning more about these gorgeous legends and hopefully get to know some of you!

Cheers,
Tim aka Albertan85

Haha my parents are obsessed with them cliff bars

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size