Need your opinion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I don't like body lifts cause of the excess amount of frame that you end up seeing afterwards. Just not an ideal way to lift a truck IMO would be much better to go for a suspension lift

labbetheking

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ok i wont be doing any bodylift then i guess.
I've looked around in the forum and 78 chevyrado:s pickup seems just the way i want it and he had 1.5"blocks at the rear and stiffer spring up front.

Is this something i can find at summitracing or where should i order from and which brand? :Insane:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Its far more than that.. Shift linkages may need modifying... radiator needs to done properly.. trust me its not just slap on a 3" BL and go.

A 1" Body Lift is the only height that will allow you to simply put in the 1" shims and drive away after adjusting the transmission shift linkage and freeing up the steering shaft to accommodate the extra 1"

Im actually considering this in addition to my 4" suspension lift to get me back to 5" in the front and 5 1/2" or 6" in the back. I will make some covers for the back wheel wells. I think it might actually give the front grill area a better look??? Cant seem to find any pics of squares with only a 1" Body Lift.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A 1" Body Lift is the only height that will allow you to simply put in the 1" shims and drive away after adjusting the transmission shift linkage and freeing up the steering shaft to accommodate the extra 1"

Im actually considering this in addition to my 4" suspension lift to get me back to 5" in the front and 5 1/2" or 6" in the back. I will make some covers for the back wheel wells. I think it might actually give the front grill area a better look??? Cant seem to find any pics of squares with only a 1" Body Lift.

Too many people get hooked on the 3" number for some reason and I'm not sure. They don't understand all the problems and extras involved in making the body lift work.

A 1" is just enough in my opinion on the trucks just to add that much more to it. Thankfully a 1" lift is cheap and can be bought just about anywhere.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Too many people get hooked on the 3" number for some reason and I'm not sure. They don't understand all the problems and extras involved in making the body lift work.

A 1" is just enough in my opinion on the trucks just to add that much more to it. Thankfully a 1" lift is cheap and can be bought just about anywhere.

Heck you can make your own for just the cost of a piece of 1" stock

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I'd like to comment on a few things.
First MadOgre is right about 3" body lifts. 1" maximum is fine. Another issue with tall body lifts, and IMO worse than the detail issues of lengthening linkages and such, is the cab wiggling and squirming on the frame. Part of the job of the cab is to limit frame flex.
Also hockey pucks are ***** for lifts. They eventually crack and break and you won't know it until your cab starts to move.

Now here is an idea about lifting your 2x. 35 yrs ago when I lived in flatland Sask I used run and jump my trucks through ditches and 85 mph gravel road cruising. Well I used front springs from a big block truck, which have more weight capacity and they lifted the front about level with the rear. The advantages were obvious. The truck totally handled better in every circumstance. 14bolt in back with a locker, 300 hp 350 and a good driver (me) could out do an average driver in a 4x4. Remember this is in the prairies not the mountains where I live currently.

labbetheking

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So 1" body lift works with no issues? Thinks there's where i kinda wana be.
My truck is coming this tuesday so i'll have a look at it before i decide.

Cheers!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
That little extra clearance of the 1" body lift will make timing adjustments easier, as well as checking those top bolts hopefully securing your transmission to engine!

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
keep it exactly the way it is!!

please, for the love of God, don't lift that c10

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
keep it exactly the way it is!!

please, for the love of God, don't lift that c10

Why not? A body lift can be easily removed if the next owner does not want it since no modification to the truck is required.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
Why not? A body lift can be easily removed if the next owner does not want it since no modification to the truck is required.

Yeah you're right. It's your truck now and you can do anything you want to it, I respect that. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76