Need to find bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sqhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cheyenne
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom k10
Engine Size
I’m looking at putting new bump stops on front and rear of 85 Chevy k10, but mine doesn’t have any on it now. So, question is Wjat is a good size or recommendation of brand/style to get for front and rear? I see different types and just curious if anything special to pay attention to. Thanks

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
That depends on what you want to have, all options out there.
Do you need something really sturdy for offroad abuse or is OEM rubber good for your weekend cruiser?
Many factors come into play if go custom bump stops. Is your truck lifted ? Vehicle weight, shock length, etc.
Many set the length that it fully hits before the shocks bottom out or before the leaf spring starts to arch upwards.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/frame-bump-stops?N=drivetrain%3A4wd

sqhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cheyenne
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom k10
Engine Size
That depends on what you want to have, all options out there.
Do you need something really sturdy for offroad abuse or is OEM rubber good for your weekend cruiser?
Many factors come into play if go custom bump stops. Is your truck lifted ? Vehicle weight, shock length, etc.
Many set the length that it fully hits before the shocks bottom out or before the leaf spring starts to arch upwards.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/frame-bump-stops?N=drivetrain%3A4wd
I should have put some more details. Thanks for pointing that out. It would be daily driving. No off-roading. 3” lift. And I’m just talking about the hard rubber bump stops and not the actual shock looking bump stops.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
For daily driving and 3" lift I would take a poly stop in a size that prevents the shock from bottoming out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod