Need some measurements from a cab off the frame.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Foust

Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
1978 and 1980
Truck Model
K30's
Engine Size
400?
I need some measurements to verify my positions before welding. The truck I'm working on had nothing to go off of as things have been change. They replaced the outer rockers only. The inners were gone with just flat sheet tacked in to fill the space. Original front cab mounts were "replaced" but one was just shoved in loose and was cut up to do so. Cab floor braces were broke and rusted through as cab was sagging. Basically a mess. Outer rockers were slipped over some of the originals and welded on. Door gaps and latching was fine so I don't want to mess with that if I don't have to. Fitting all the stuff backwards from normal may be an issue but I guess I'll find out.

Anyway, here is what I'd like to know. I'll number them under the pics so there won't be confusion. If anyone has a cab off the frame, sitting on the back of the cab, it should be a quick favor.

You must be registered for see images attach

1 - Very lower front of the cab where the outer rocker and kick panel are together. Right at the big hole. Just measure on the bottom side, outside to outside.

2 - Optional for first one if it is easier for you. Front edge of the outer rocker on the bottom, outside to outside of the up and down lip.

3 - Even with the door opening where the outer rocker seam is. Bottom Outside edge to the same on the other side.

I am making progress but want to make sure I'm close before tacking the floor braces and such. This is not going to be a show truck or original resto. It will be a working truck and I just want it solid and right. I looked for a while to try to find any info but didn't come up with anything. New here so forgive me if it's somewhere. Just let me know where. Thanks for any input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666