Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tteiber

Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Just installed my rebuilt motor, got it all done and went for the first drive..... But the truck wouldn't move. Shift linkage moves through all gears fine and doesn't make any noises, just doesn't go!!! Could it just be that the torque converter is done for? Or could I have missed something somehow? It drove fine before the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Need a bit more info, but did you check your fluid level? Vacuum line, Torq converter bolts, transmission lines to the cooler? Is it 4x4? Do you have the transfer case in neutral? Drive shafts are hooked up? I know the last one sounds funny, but years ago one of my buddies just rebuilt his motor, got it all back together (so he thought). Called me all pissed off, saying his tranny wasn't working correct, "GD truck won't move". So I go over there mess with a few things, slide under the truck and just start laughing at him, and told him "the truck will probably go much faster when you put the drive shaft in it" I still to this day give him **** about it. Just go back though and check all your stuff, make sure it all is hooked back up.

tteiber

Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
fluid levels are good vaccum is hooked up and I think I did it right. Cooler lines are done and ya it is a 4x4. Just gonna pull inspection plate and see if it is spinning the input shaft too transmission

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Did the converter seat properly on the input shaft before you bolted it together?

tteiber

Reaction score
First Name
Tanner
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Ya I got it going turns out I forgot that the trans cooler and lines were gonna take a bunch of fluid as well. Face palm. My bad topped it up and we are off. This is a th350 trans what makes them shift? The vaccum or inertia inside some how? Seems to not like to shift until at higher rpm

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ya I got it going turns out I forgot that the trans cooler and lines were gonna take a bunch of fluid as well. Face palm. My bad topped it up and we are off. This is a th350 trans what makes them shift? The vaccum or inertia inside some how? Seems to not like to shift until at higher rpm

They shift based on vacuum input. The modulator on it senses the change in vacuum and shifts based on that. I would double check your vacuum lines are free and clear, not kinked off. Where does yours get its vacuum source? I believe off the manifold is the best.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Ya it sounds like your shift modular. I'd check your vacuum line. Yes it should come off of your intake behind the carb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD