Need help with measurements for trim on 79 Bed trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Curtis

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
4wd LWB Silverado k10
Engine Size
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the tutone inserts on the bed. I changed the rusted out bed on my 79 K10 silverado and just messed up and didn't measure it before I scrapped the old bed. Now I've got a newer bed that never had trim so no holes to line it up with. I've attached a pic and if someone could measure theirs, I would really appreciate it. The area at the cab just needs to match the doors, I'm using the body line for the top, but the bottom at the wheel arches is hard to determine, it looks like there might be a slight taper going into them from the front and the back.

You must be registered for see images attach

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the tutone inserts on the bed. I changed the rusted out bed on my 79 K10 silverado and just messed up and didn't measure it before I scrapped the old bed. Now I've got a newer bed that never had trim so no holes to line it up with. I've attached a pic and if someone could measure theirs, I would really appreciate it. The area at the cab just needs to match the doors, I'm using the body line for the top, but the bottom at the wheel arches is hard to determine, it looks like there might be a slight taper going into them from the front and the back.

I have the trim but not the holes anymore. I deleted that trim. But from what I remember it doesn't matter as I think those mounting hardware slide in the rear of the trim like a track. The little screw holes have to be in the correct place as the hole is where it is in the trim. But I don't think those mounting studs can be placed wherever along the trim line just spaced even to hold it.

I may not be remembering right though. I didn't study on how they attached because I was not re useing them.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I may be able to have my son measure this after he is done with online school stuffs.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the tutone inserts on the bed. I changed the rusted out bed on my 79 K10 silverado and just messed up and didn't measure it before I scrapped the old bed. Now I've got a newer bed that never had trim so no holes to line it up with. I've attached a pic and if someone could measure theirs, I would really appreciate it. The area at the cab just needs to match the doors, I'm using the body line for the top, but the bottom at the wheel arches is hard to determine, it looks like there might be a slight taper going into them from the front and the back. I have a bed.. beat to hell, but still has trim on it. Im a little confused on hwat exactly you need. Like, how far between them? On the bottom only? Or from a point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76