need help with lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
wondering if i could get some help here. its an 1984 gmc k1500 high sierra and the reverse lights are stuck on. i can not find my owners manual to pull a fuse and i can't find a online version. does anyone know where the switch is so that i can look and see if its stuck? :shrug: help need fast.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Standard transmission, the switch is on the transmission case.
Automatic transmission, the switch is on the steering column and also contains the neutral safety switch.
More information is needed totell You any more about it, except, the switch has a live wire going into the switch.

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
thanks for the help :)

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
yes i did, i rolled under and found the wires and had a buddy of mine look at it with me, we moved away some mud, unplugged them then plugged it back in now they work when i want them to.

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
alright i got something really strange that happened. i crawled under again and found the wires cause the lights started to come back on so i just cut them, you'd think that the lights would just be off for good right? wrong! now they work when i put it in reverse. i don't know how, but i think i'm keeping it that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels