Need help with custom A/C hoses.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
ok for those that do not know, first a little about my truck.
Truck is a 1985 K30, I have repowered it with a 5.7 Vortec. The truck originally was NOT equipped with A/C from the factory.

I used all the A/C ducting, Evap box, and heatercore box from an 87 K10. I went ahead and bought a new Condensor, Evaporator, and Heater core while i was at it. So all the A/c will be NEW.

Now with the vortec motor I am also using the Vortec style serpentine belt system which means the Compressor is an HT6 style compressor. Which is where my problems start for the A/C.

So far the only thing I have been able to come up with is to have the local Oreillys make my A/C hoses. For them to make them its gonna be around 150 bux, The price is not anything that I am concerned about. What is concerning me is for them to make it I am gonna have to Buy a New hose for the vortec trucks, then they are going to cut the Suction Line and put a Compression 90* on the hard line then a crimp a regular A/C Hose onto the 90* then from there it will run to the Receiver dryer which will be a 90* crimpted onto the Hose then Screw directly to the Dryer. It honestly doesnt sound like its a bad set up just sounds a little cobbled up.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'd just go to the junkyard to get a manifold line that bolts to the compressor, then have the hoses crimped right to it. Or find a supplier for the manifold, I know they are out there.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yea have the OReillys get their Murry book out and they can order the fittings that you need to make the line as one peice with the correct fittings and not be cobbeled together. The Oreillys i worked at didnt make the lines but i sold many fittings and the hose as we would hoase clamp it together to route and get it looking factory and then take them to a machine shp that did make them to crimp them that way they were marked and ready to crimp.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Andy thats exactly what I wanted to do, BUT i am having troubles finding the manifold block. Do you know anywhere that I might check?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
NAPA has a pretty thick book with AC fittings and whatnot in it, if you can find a parts counter guy willing to flip pages rather than click away at a computer. Might even try suppliers for hot rod parts too. Those guys piece together AC systems all the time and they tend to use newer style compressors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub