Need Help to know if this will work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Crazy! Was that off road or on the street ? Cause that would be sweet if they work just fine in the front on the street.

Off road.

When doing "normal" driving it is great. When all 4 tires are on the ground it just automatically transfers power over to the tire with traction. I've used it climbing over round rocks, pure ice with water on top, gravel, mud... you name it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
hmmm Tru Trac front and back

RJQuick

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
To MadOgre: this is going into a truck that's on the street only (2wd). Is this still the route you recommend. I prefer to do it right the first time. The engine I'm building will have quit a bit of power (550-600hp/ 625+lbtq).

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Doesn't matter 2 or 4wd its still a load biasing differential. So if you want traction on the street this would work well IMO. 1000 times better then a g80 as this unit will bias the load at all speeds.

Because of the design which is unlike any other unit it is extremely tough. I even see guys on hotrod forums are using this differential too.

You should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXvH3T8Bsg

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
To MadOgre: this is going into a truck that's on the street only (2wd). Is this still the route you recommend. I prefer to do it right the first time. The engine I'm building will have quit a bit of power (550-600hp/ 625+lbtq).

I'd stay away from the G80/Gov-loc with that much power on the street. The locking mechanism on it locks when there is a difference in RPM between the 2 tires. Somewhere around 100-200 RPM of difference. When it engages it locks or bangs together. This is when they can shatter. I banged mine around but it was when I was in a low traction area so it probably wasn't too violent on it- and thus it held together.

600hp on pavement and it engages? I'd think it would be toast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR