Need Electric Heater Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I need electric heater that will heat up a 2 car garage quick in the winter time. I want one of those long round round electric turbo heaters and there loud too. But dont know what there called.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Torpedo heater, and only the blower is electric. They burn kerosene.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Torpedo heater, and only the blower is electric. They burn kerosene.

I doubt if thats safe to use when painting though. I wanna try to do some painting over my school winter break or thanksgiving break.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
A regular electric heater will flash off paint fumes or other fumes, you just about have to have a heater that pulls its fresh air from somewhere else like outside or inside a detached home to be safe. An electric setup would be safe if it pulls fresh air from somewhere else besides the garage. You may want to check the local ads for an outside electric heat pump. They don't get real hot but warm enough to do painting, and they get their air from outside. You might be able to pick up a used unit for around $200-$400.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
A regular electric heater will flash off paint fumes or other fumes, you just about have to have a heater that pulls its fresh air from somewhere else like outside or inside a detached home to be safe. An electric setup would be safe if it pulls fresh air from somewhere else besides the garage. You may want to check the local ads for an outside electric heat pump. They don't get real hot but warm enough to do painting, and they get their air from outside. You might be able to pick up a used unit for around $200-$400.

ok, I knew someone that a torpedo that was all electric without the kerosene tank attached to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85