My shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Since I have not started on my truck build, I figured I would share with you guys the build of my new Shop/Barn/garage.

We had a major storm rip through our area last year mid May, and collapse our 2 stall garage.

Here is a photo the neighbors up the road took of the storm...lol news said it was just straight line winds...pssshhh
You must be registered for see images attach

Insurance paid out, and I was able to upgrade by doing the work myself and building a 36'Wx40'Lx12'H. I used to build (frame) houses for a living for a couple summers when I was younger, so the work seems easy to me.

My wife is ultra cheap, she demanded I reuse one section of the existing concrete from the garage, and didn't want me to pay the extra for an auger attatchment for the rented skid steer, and offered to hand dig the holes for me. I initially laughed, but she came through. I'd come home each night from work, and she'd have 2 to 4 holes done.:party36:

Then on to the framing

Trusses getting installed

Roof going on

Concrete getting poured. I opted to pour a ramp out the back overhead door for ease of pulling in and out the mower and recreational vehicles.

Siding and roof being completed

I opted to go with two 9x7 standard overhead garage doors for vehicle parkikng, one oddball free 7x6 I got out the back for the rec. stuff, and one large 12x12 sliding door across the shop side.

Inside started filling up fast, making me wish I would of just went ahead with a 40x60 lol
Don't mind the dirty sleds, they had just got pulled home from a ride.

I have had so many projects come through the shop since then that it is currently a disaster right now. A few car builds, a few quad and bike builds, and currently a trail blazer getting done, then finally on to the Square body build.:party36:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I had my shop built last year, and I believe if I had a shop 100x 100 is still wouldn't be big enough. LOL My shop is about the same size as yours 32x40x12. It was the best size, but know I have my truck, and a buddies truck plus tools, and all the other crap, getting a bit cramped now.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Very nice!

Thanks, was a good bit of work.

I had my shop built last year, and I believe if I had a shop 100x 100 is still wouldn't be big enough. LOL My shop is about the same size as yours 32x40x12. It was the best size, but know I have my truck, and a buddies truck plus tools, and all the other crap, getting a bit cramped now.

They are certainly never big enough lol :)

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
NICE shop, wish mine was that big.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
NICE shop, wish mine was that big.

If you ever build one, go as big as you possibly can. I've already outgrown mine. Mine would probably fit my needs all the time, but it doubles as a parking garage for the wife.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If you ever build one, go as big as you possibly can. I've already outgrown mine. Mine would probably fit my needs all the time, but it doubles as a parking garage for the wife.
I here that, seems though no matter how big you build em, sooner or later they fill up and run out of room, lol...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy