my new (first) vette, or my wifes? LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Do it cheap punch out the cats and get some straight through mufflers

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I wish I could get my wife into an automotive project. I have tried to get her hands dirty on the Blazer but she shuts me down when I ask. One I did get her into was building her a quad. Which is up for sale lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I wish I could get my wife into an automotive project. I have tried to get her hands dirty on the Blazer but she shuts me down when I ask. One I did get her into was building her a quad. Which is up for sale lol
Easy fix just tell her your gonna sell it she will get involved and well never sell it

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
haven't done anything to the vette other then move it ou tof the garage and get all my truck parts out, and put the trans am in, then moved the vette back in.

I did find out though it has chambered exhaust, th eones that look like glass packs but are just dimpled.

Wife wants sidepipes, which is great with me but they aint cheap

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
haven't done anything to the vette other then move it ou tof the garage and get all my truck parts out, and put the trans am in, then moved the vette back in.

I did find out though it has chambered exhaust, th eones that look like glass packs but are just dimpled.

That'll be expensive the first time she burns her leg and makes you take them back off, lol

Reactions: WFO

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Look at the CL add I posted above that guy got side pipes

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
Well this is the replacement to the s10 I built, traded it off 2 days ago for this 79 vette, best I can gather it's a low end l48 nothing speical, does run and drive. needs interior work. Also needs door windows and locks working, all power and one outside door handle. It also needs t-top seals and who knows what else I'll find...

You must be registered for see images attach

Their really not too bad, ya gotta keep in mind the EPA and their never ending quotas. I owned a 79 L48. It's not a power house mine was pushing 195 HP, but the next year you could only buy a Corvette in California with a 305 ? Is that leather ? I went all the way with mine and won a second flight award from NCRS meet. When you go and open the doors to do the window repair, bring a bucket of patience. I had a hell of a time with my drivers door glass. Found out why, when these were built, in Flint MI the old site, they put the doors and window together from the outside, then put the Fiberglas onto the steel door body. I'd never do another one.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I finally got around to working on dis Sumbitch LOL This is just a first look, ended up changing it. I finally got those floors wire brushed and the windshield frame, and por-15'd them. I put down some heat/sound insulation in the floors, we dyed all carpet black. We tried fabric dye so it wouldn't be stiff, like spray cans, didn't work, turned out blue or purple and some turned out really spotty looking, so spray cans to the rescue. Wife didn't like this seat, said the silvery white "oyster" interior color didn't go with the black. I had ordered white for the TA so we did it white, with the black, she likes it alot, so we did all the rest in white all the plastics. I just yanked the dash today hopefully paint it and a few other odds and ends this week and maybe reinstall? high temps and humidity don't work for me in the garage it's even hotter in there. I got most of the carpet and the parts that hold it down back in, gotta get all this done and start on the wiring. I found out the driver's window regulator is a new one but has no reg. spring, and the motor works, guy gave me new switches he had bought for it, so maybe those will do it, if not then it's relay or wiring problems. We're trying to get this done so we can actually take it out, had it almost a year haven't drove it more then in and out of the garage.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
here's some pics of what's going on with it now...

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
looks like no camera I own takes a decent pic in the garage...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30