my new (first) vette, or my wifes? LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
looks like she has original engine as well the suffix code is ZAB which comes backas 79 350 l48 at fed says 4 bolt main but I thought I read only some l82's were 4 bolt and the 48's 2 bolt who knows. I'll see if later I can get it better and see if the partial vin matches

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Drain the oil and stick a camera in the drain plug hole and know for sure.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I found some rust in the car, the upper windshield frame, not too bad going to treat it with the floors, got por15 on order, should be in soon. My wife wants it green, she picked out a nice green lil darker then a factory 79 corvette green and alot more flake to it. not bad on price either one she wants was over $400 for a gallon of base, this one came in around 165 for a gallon of base.

We also looked at some red's and burnt oranges for my 83 square and picked one close to what it is now a kinda burnt orange coppery brown with alot of flake, same price as hers. Not sure if I'll stick with mine or if she'll stick with hers.

We also removed a piece of trim to check into some oyster colored dye sem has a white that's real close, might hit the seats to freshen them up a bit, going to call and check local upholstery shops for pricing on recovering them in a close as possible to oyster vinyl.

got that high idle carb issue fixed, got it all legal today might test drive one day, be our first drive/ride they drove it here.

oh and wife wants the sidepipes. I'm happy with that but damn they aint cheap, hooker sidemounts and side pipes are way up there almost a grand for chrome or stainless headers no pipes, did find some obx ones on ebay still they are like a grand in stainless with headers and side pipes.

I might go cheap and get the 200-300 patriot fake 4 into ones and then get the hookup kit for like 70 and some ebay stainless long tubes they are like 125.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Here ya go......inspiration of what NOT to do to a Vette...

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
HA exactly right them stupid hood scoops going one way on one side and the other on the other side. That and fake looking crap headers sticking out the side vents lol

I like the 4 into 1 style that hooker or dougs have or the cheap version that patriot makes, not something like those above lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
HA exactly right them stupid hood scoops going one way on one side and the other on the other side. That and fake looking crap headers sticking out the side vents lol

I like the 4 into 1 style that hooker or dougs have or the cheap version that patriot makes, not something like those above lol
That car doesn't ring a bell????? @bucket help me out here. Lol or any one 40+ lmao

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
It's from a movie perhaps. Seem familiar with me too. Maybe just because it is so revolting we remember it. But the rims are awesome!

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that was the one the kid built in corvette summer. LOl mark hamil or luke skywalker LOL

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That car doesn't ring a bell????? @bucket help me out here. Lol or any one 40+ lmao

Lol, why does everybody think I'm older than I am all the sudden.

But yes, I am familiar with that ugly car...

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
LOL I know that movie and that fugly vette I'm only 33 going on 34.

EDOOLIN111

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 LWB
Engine Size
quite nice!

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to verify the condition of the entire cowl area. Some C3’s have been junked due to significant rust of the cowl. Only mention this because of the rust you found around the windshield. I’ve never owned a C3 but expect a lot of expensive parts especially if they are Corvette specific. I’ve got well over a grand in the exhaust on my C5 and you can’t see any of it except for the tips.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
...but expect a lot of expensive parts especially if they are Corvette specific. I’ve got well over a grand in the exhaust on my C5 and you can’t see any of it except for the tips.

Ain't that the truth! I keep eyeballing an exhaust for my C5, but choke every time I see the prices... I'll have to get over it eventually, because the OEM exhaust is way too quiet for my tastes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ain't that the truth! I keep eyeballing an exhaust for my C5, but choke every time I see the prices... I'll have to get over it eventually, because the OEM exhaust is way too quiet for my tastes.
If it makes you feel any better I paid over a grand for the exhaust for my A4 and that was on a 4 cylinder lol and about 1200 for the Clutch set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes