mild 350 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yep you got a good deal if it is indeed 400hp. Like Rich said, a 350 hp 350 is not a mild build. Or a cheap one. You have to pull out all the stops to get up there. 450 is about max with out charging the cylinders some how.

A truck 350 with the smaller valves with Flat Top pistons and an RV cam will give you low end kick in your pants power. Plenty enough for a daily driver truck.

With the bigger power comes more broken driveline parts. So if that is indeed 400+ hp that you have then you can count on replacing everything behind the engine :)

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
With the bigger power comes more broken driveline parts. So if that is indeed 400+ hp that you have then you can count on replacing everything behind the engine :)

Unless you stay out of it a bit. Oh, wait, you said you were just getting out of high school. Never mind. :) Gonna need a TH400 or a built TH350, or mod the one you have before you blow it up. The 12-bolt will be OK, unless it has the G80 in it and you plant it making a right turn into traffic, in which case you will turn the Gov-Lok into shrapnel, which will take out the diff.

Then again, I doubt it's 400+ hp. Not easy to do with a normally aspirated 350 that will burn pump gas. 400+ lbft I'll believe. I'm doing that with just a cam change and some induction goodies.

Got some details on the build?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Unless you stay out of it a bit. Oh, wait, you said you were just getting out of high school. Never mind. :) Gonna need a TH400 or a built TH350, or mod the one you have before you blow it up. The 12-bolt will be OK, unless it has the G80 in it and you plant it making a right turn into traffic, in which case you will turn the Gov-Lok into shrapnel, which will take out the diff.

Then again, I doubt it's 400+ hp. Not easy to do with a normally aspirated 350 that will burn pump gas. 400+ lbft I'll believe. I'm doing that with just a cam change and some induction goodies.

Got some details on the build?

Years ago I worked with a kid who had an 80' Camaro with all the suspension mods. He had an actual dyno'd 450 hp small block 355 with a single plane intake. He used to give me rides to work in his Camaro.

I kid you not that car was almost undrivable! It was like riding a monster. You had to be so careful not to put your foot into it around corners. It was like you were constantly having to hold it back LOL.

It almost made us nervous to drive it. Especially if it rained

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare