Master Cylinder - K10 to K20 conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hey there folks. Couple years ago I put 3/4 ton axles under my K10. When I did that I reused the 1/2 ton brake calipers on the front. In a few weeks I'm going to go ahead and replace those with the 3/4 ton calipers and put new brake hoses on the front as well.

My question - I know the 3/4 ton has a different master cylinder. I'd like to upgrade to the larger one as part of this process. Anyone know if I can bolt it up to the current K10 Booster, or does that need to be replaced as well? I know very little about Brake Boosters, so hoping someone else can tell me if this is a good/bad idea.

Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
IMHO, just leave it alone if it doesn't need replaced. The K10 cylinder just gives a little softer feel with a little more travel, which is kinda nice in an emergency stop. It's only squishy feeling if you let the rear brakes go too long without adjusting them. The K20 cylinder isn't so sensitive to rear brake adjustment.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Upgrade to hydro boost and you'll have no issues any which way