Manual cluster in an automatic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
I have a friend with a manual gauge cluster, as i need a new one.
Oil pressure & temp gauges dont work - i have some extra ones for those off to the side right now so i still have them, just the original gauges dont work.
And, now, my speedo makes a horrible whirring noise, and jumps waaaay higher than im actually going every once in a while.
Today that happened or something, i was going down the highway, and a minute later i look down and theres no needle... so i deffinataly need a new speedometer now

The needle for my shift indicator recently broke aswell, and i just ended up buying the whole shift indicator for my truck (83 k10 with a 700r4) instead of just the needle.

So, if i take the brand new shift indicator from lmc for the 700r4, can i put it in a manual cluster? Is there a spot where i can just bolt it right in? Any differences between the clusters that would make the swap difficult? Thanks!

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Yes. The cluster is the same, regardless of trans.
Tach might vary, if equipped.
Gear indicators are swappable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90_burb