Manifolds or headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Or you can do manifolds and just send the headers to me.... just sayin for another option

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Everyone complains about header gaskets, I've never had an issue.

Same here. I typically use FelPro gaskets with a steel core (like the 1444), and then re-tighten the bolts after a few hours run-time. And if I remember to do it, I check them every year or so, but rarely have I turned one more than 1/8 turn. I recently used some round Mr. Gasket steel core gaskets to seal GM Vortec heads and Patriot 1-5/8" tube headers. No issues with them either after 5 months.

For collector flanges I like to use soft aluminum gaskets. I've used the Summit brand at least three times with zero issues, and they are reusable.

Gasket problems are caused by using a cheap gasket or a gasket that doesn't properly seal the machined surfaces around the perimeter of the head ports and header ports. When working on customer cars, it's not uncommon to find a gasket/ header flange combination that seals less than 1/8" of the machined surfaces around the ports. Even if it's just one small spot, that's a leak waiting to happen. Sometimes, there's not much you can do about it, especially with cheap headers and 1/4" flanges with ports that don't line up well with the head ports.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Headers all the way on my square's , doug thorley tri y's and hedman elite's. Here is the hedmans on my blazer , nice fit.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
It was in the cab of my truck when I was cleaning it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68