Looking for 1991 factory AC delete parts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
My 1982 doesn't have AC and I don't have any of the AC parts from the 1991 donor. (The guy I bought the engine from kept it all.)

I know those were available without air conditioning but I cannot find anything but a simple belt diagram showing there's a tensioner instead of the compressor and the tensioner between the compressor and alternator isn't there.

No matter how I try to tell the stupid search engines NO, all they do is show me pictures of Chevy engines WITH air conditioning, or aftermarket brackets and pulleys to fit in place of the factory compressor.

I want to have the 1991 factory NON-AC bracket and tensioner.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I believe that when they went to the serpentine belt setup, when just a heater was ordered, they received the delete pulley.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
This is a GMT400 but still applies to the squarebodies.

You must be registered for see images

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
Autozone shows different belts with and without AC. Those aftermarket delete pulleys use the standard AC belt.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
This is a GMT400 but still applies to the squarebodies.

You must be registered for see images

That's what I'm talkin' about. The no-AC bracket and tensioner from the 1988 to whenever standard cab.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
As far as I know, they bolted to the same A/C bracket to keep costs down, no sense in making two brackets when a simple delete pulley would work.

I don't take much stock in AutoZone with what fits and what doesn't. Been given the wrong part too many times!

I will have to look in the parts catalogue. See if the bracket is indeed different.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
As far as I know, they bolted to the same A/C bracket to keep costs down, no sense in making two brackets when a simple delete pulley would work.

I don't take much stock in AutoZone with what fits and what doesn't. Been given the wrong part too many times!

I will have to look in the parts catalogue. See if the bracket is indeed different.
The pulley bolts right in place of the compressor. My buddy bought a new one from O'Reillys for about $35.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yes direct bolt in, I am running one on my AC deleted Burb.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
Went trudging around CBASS* today and found a compressor bracket and belt tensioner for $25 from a 1990. Found another one of the same era with the engine still in and with the belt routing diagram.

There's a fixed idler pulley that's not used without AC so the belt is a bit shorter. Went to AutoZone to get new belt and a pulley for the tensioner and wonder of wonders they had one (just one) in stock and one (just one) of the AC bypass pulley assemblies for about the same price as the lowest I could get it online.

So for around $115 today I'm set for not having AC in the 1982 3500 flatbed.

*Country Boy Auto Salvage and Sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854