Looking at New tires Help needed!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Ok Wife was looking thru the black friday add for walmart, I just happened to see some of it with her. They have Goodyear Wrangler HP tires in 265 70 17 that will be on sale for $99.00 Each. I looked them up online but cant decide what to do. They dont have a Load range listed. Does anyone know aht the ply rating of these would be? Or does anyone have and exsperience with these?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They look suited for a sporty type truck with a focus on road handling. I don't have any experience with that tire line, but the others are all good-great, with the exception of two. I hate the Wrangler ST and the Wrangler Radial.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
They look suited for a sporty type truck with a focus on road handling. I don't have any experience with that tire line, but the others are all good-great, with the exception of two. I hate the Wrangler ST and the Wrangler Radial.

Yea I am a little concerned about them. I read some of the reviews and evidently this is the same tire found on newer dodge trucks, and alot of complaints about not lasting long and cupping.... Dont know what to do. I dont really need a mud tire, I really just need a good wearing tread pattern for highway use and WET roads. Probably not gonna see to much snow since I am moving to Texas in a week.

Zaar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zaar
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20/30
Engine Size
always heard good remarks on a geolander tire. wear and comfortable ride.
i cant honestly say ive used many "normal wearing tires" since im in that lifted 35" up class.
for all sakes i run bfg mud terrains and they suck fyi.
ill need to go to the h1 tires cause i cant keep a set without wearing them dead.
16.5 rims also complicate the mix for me.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Was that the stock tire size on your truck? I don't know about Wally World there, but the one here won't put anything on the truck except what was is listed in their book as OE. If there was a option (as in my case, 235 vs 225) and it's not in their book, they still won't install it. I asked them what if I bring in the owners manual listing the 235 option. They still wouldn't do it. Went and bought same tires at Goodyear for about $10 more per time. Guy there told me that he gets 1/2 his business from people turned away from Walmart for one thing or another. All this was after the 1st one I went to refused to do it because I had one lug snapped off and all lugs & studs had to be present for them to do it.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Was that the stock tire size on your truck? I don't know about Wally World there, but the one here won't put anything on the truck except what was is listed in their book as OE. If there was a option (as in my case, 235 vs 225) and it's not in their book, they still won't install it. I asked them what if I bring in the owners manual listing the 235 option. They still wouldn't do it. Went and bought same tires at Goodyear for about $10 more per time. Guy there told me that he gets 1/2 his business from people turned away from Walmart for one thing or another. All this was after the 1st one I went to refused to do it because I had one lug snapped off and all lugs & studs had to be present for them to do it.

naw the wheels are actually off of an 06 chevy. Walmart is funny about some things, but its because most of there workers arnt smart enough to do a job right. So they avoid any comebacks they can rather its a lug stud broken, or a wheel lock nut with no tool.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Might as well get out of the business IMO. I ask how much they would charge to replace the broken stud. They don't do that. I probably wouldn't have been as pissed if they hadn't already walked about the truck 3x or more and taken down my VIN & other info while I'm sitting there in the July sun in GA w/no AC. If they'd told me that upon initial inspection, I probably would have taken it better. Since I was extremely hot and aggravated at this point, I left a good portion of what little tread I had left.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Might as well get out of the business IMO. I ask how much they would charge to replace the broken stud. They don't do that. I probably wouldn't have been as pissed if they hadn't already walked about the truck 3x or more and taken down my VIN & other info while I'm sitting there in the July sun in GA w/no AC. If they'd told me that upon initial inspection, I probably would have taken it better. Since I was extremely hot and aggravated at this point, I left a good portion of what little tread I had left.

I got to school one day to find out that a bus that was going to a college visit had left school already. So i Left the building and rolled smoke right in front of school as i left:D

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I got to school one day to find out that a bus that was going to a college visit had left school already. So i Left the building and rolled smoke right in front of school as i left:D

I did that on the last day of high school... got busted for it too. Had to go to court because it was private property, I guess the cop had measured the stripes too (120 foot or something like that), but just ended up paying a small fine.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I did that on the last day of high school... got busted for it too. Had to go to court because it was private property, I guess the cop had measured the stripes too (120 foot or something like that), but just ended up paying a small fine.

LOL, our school has parking lot cameras, but they never check them. Yesterday when i was leaving school, In the main driveway, my truck brought the ass around, For a second i was completly sideways. And i straightened her back and and left.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Glad I went to school before all this camera crap was common/needed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd check somewhere else for reviews. We can go back to Ford Exploder and Firestone for a good example of this but, just because Dodge's have a problem with those tires, doesn't mean the Retail Version is and the Retail Version is usually far superior to Auto Manufactuer Tspec Tires. When auto manufactures contract with tire companies to build their tires for new cars, The Auto manufacturer get to decide to the TSpec they want to keep the costs down as low as possible. So a TSpec Auto manufacturer tire of the same model and name, is different than Retail. Knowing this is why I stole 2 sets of Firestone Wilderness tires at about less than half price of retail for retail tires when all that Ford Exploder **** went on. If Firestone thought for a minute the model or brand was bad, they'd have pulled them you can be assured. They didn't pull the retail version but it would not sell due to fear and the bad wrap. So to get rid of the inventory, they sold them dirt ass cheap to retailers.

The reason there was liability issues as to who was at fault on the Exploder Firestone Tires, was Firestone says, it's not our Fault, your engineers designed the tire based off our brand using your own Traffic Specificatons (TSpec) so it's your fault all we did was make what you said to make. Ford says, but you're the tire manufacturer, if our design was bad you should have said something to us, you're the tire expert not us. So they pointed the finger back and forth at each other and both had good claims against the other. Ultimatley, what it came down to is GREED by Ford. To save a bit of money, they decided to leave out 2 cords that wrapped around bands to keep them from seperating to keep the cost down, and went with 1 cord. You're probably talking $12 on a set of 4 tires and look how many people lost their lives over it or crippled for life.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Glad I went to school before all this camera crap was common/needed.

I got busted by a cop that just happened to be walking out of the school building when I was near the end of my smoke show.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I did that at High School too and got busted by the fuggin football coach. That was in my peg legger old Dodge truck. :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy