1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LMC should be proud

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by louu, Oct 19, 2020.

1. NCBurb

NCBurb Full Access Member

First Name:
    Rick
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban
    Engine Size:
    6.2L
    Aw man this sucks...I just ordered a couple hundred bucks of stuff from them. Mostly door & window seals, maybe I'll be ok on those??? yikes...

Octane likes this.
  2. PrairieDrifter

PrairieDrifter Full Access Member

First Name:
    Mason
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
    Engine Size:
    350, 350, 350, 350, 350
    You should be fine, the seals are one of their strong suits. It's only once in awhile, I order some random small part and it ends up being slightly trash.

3. jake wells

jake wells Full Access Member

First Name:
    jake
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    custom deluxe 10
    Engine Size:
    Is classic parts any better? that is the only place i have ordered from but it was small items only.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    I've placed 2 decent sized orders with USA1 almost a month ago and have heard nothing. Canceled part of one and was told I'd have a refund in 2 days...2 weeks ago.

Read their reviews and it seems their customer service stinks. That part takes so little effort or cost to avoid.

Giving them til Nov 1 then opening claims with paypal on all of it. Getting to the point this truck will never be done for lack of parts.

PrairieDrifter likes this.
  5. Dave M

Dave M Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    The problem I find is a some online shops also don't keep the stock on the shelves. I purchased a Mopar B&M Torque convertor a while back and after a month l inquired if it had actually been shipped, NO!. There was a back order and the it gets shipped straight from the manufacturer. I eventually received it, luckily it wasn't urgent.

6. Octane

Octane Full Access Member

First Name:
    Eddie
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    A few years ago I got all my weatherstripping from LMC and it's still good.1977 chevyk10

82sbshortbed likes this.
  7. AuroraGirl

AuroraGirl Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Taylor
    Truck Year:
    1978, 1980
    Truck Model:
    K10, K25
    Engine Size:
    400(?), 350
    headlights for my park avenue took 2 months. i inquired 4 times, and the 4th time i did it on email instead of "live chat" and it the day after the email my stuff posted as shipped. took 3 days.

Snoots and Dave M like this.
  8. Doppleganger

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    USA1's site has been down for a few days and I am seeing more posts and recent reviews like mine.....orders placed, no response, nothing shipped (weeks after a tracking number was created ), no access to the site and refunds that aren't being issued. Sounds extreme to wonder if they're done, but in this day and age and with the coronahoax excuses being limitless, starting to wonder. A simple email update to my orders would do wonders. I have emailed my questions to their customer service and to the owner himself...no response from either.

I had a list of $1500 in interior items I wanted to order from them because they seemed to be the nicer stuff, but no way am I letting that much float out there with communication like they have. If its made to order and a couple/few weeks lead time, then fking say so. I special ordered my stainless fuel and brake lines from Inline and they told me to expect a 2 week delay....was about a week, but at least I knew.

LMC just shipped my order after 2 weeks.....we'll see how that looks.

9. Bennyt

Bennyt Full Access Member

First Name:
    Ben
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    LMC has been hit or miss for me:
    Parts like seals, rubber, etc have been fine.

Their headlight wiring harness for my '06 Suburban caused all kinds of issues and my headlights burnt out every 3 mos. took it off in less than a year and problems went away.

Underhood light kit for my K5 was junk and went almost straight to trash.

Recently I bought some parts and in the order was a 50 cent nut for the hood pin. The hood pin I ordered from them and the stock are fine thread. The nut is coarse thread. No big deal, I bought another nut locally but I sent them an email letting them know to check their stock and they requested all types of pictures and documentation and stated that it looked correct. I wasn't looking for anything other than giving them a heads up that someone mixed up stock, etc. but the customer service rep emailing me didn't understand the difference in thread count and said they look like the picture so it must be right.

10. MisterB

MisterB Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    AJ
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    GMC K2500 4X4
    Engine Size:
    I had something similar with them on a part a few months back. It said in stock, so I bought it. Several weeks later, no part and no communication. I email, and get kind of a snarky response that COVID has caused delays, and that it should be shipping on X date. That date came and went, and another month or so and it finally arrived.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Doppleganger likes this.
  11. wingman50

wingman50 Junior Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    5.7L
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with LMC. Have purchased many parts from LMC which have been excellent. Most of my purchases have been interior parts. They have all work out, fitting properly and looking great.

12. legopnuematic

legopnuematic Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Spencer
    Truck Year:
    1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5
    Truck Model:
    Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10
    Engine Size:
    225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i.
    LMC as with most other supply houses, do not (or have very little) to do with the actual manufacturing process, so that is likely where most of the problems stem from. With that said I have made two trips to LMC in person and Classic parts in Riverside and have dropped a lot of money both times at both places. Between me and two friends I think it was at least 7k+ in parts from both combined.

LMC premium 73-84 bed header panel- Very nice
    Triplus or keyparts? 76-80 Chevy Premium tailgate- Very nice
    Triplus 75-76 Bowtie grille- Very nice
    75-78 headlight bezels, very nice but plastic (how all aftermarket are)
    LMC premium fenders- very good

From classic parts
    longbed bed floor- looks good, have not installed/fitted yet.
    shortbed sides, look good
    premium 73-78 hood, very crisp

I will add this too- Since squarebodys have become much more than just $500 beater trucks, the market has gone up on them, thus driven the aftermarket into developing premium quality tooling and obtaining licensing for branded grilles, tailgates, etc. Whereas the gap between GM selling their own replacement parts and premium aftermarket parts, was heavily populated with fits enough crash parts.

Look at what Auto Metal Direct has/is doing, they are working on and releasing new updated tooling and selling parts that either haven't been available before (or for some time), or creating new stamping dies to make better fitting and quality parts. Since die/mold work is anything but cheap, prices of course reflect that.

MisterB likes this.
  13. Bill Tolrud

Bill Tolrud Junior Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    k-5 blazwe
    Engine Size:
    I've ordered body sheet metal from LMC, Brothers, Auto metal direct and classis industries for my 1979 blazer that I am restoring. Most of the trouble that I found is that very few sheet metal parts fit. You have to some modifications to the part to get it to fit somewhat. The problem I see mostly is that they use a lot of parts off a chevy truck and say it will fit the blazer. I have found this not true. Most of the sheet metal is made in Taiwan

14. MikeB

MikeB Full Access Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    I'll mostly second that. Some of the 1982 C10 parts I've bought from them that worked well: windshield wiper switch panel assy, heater/defroster/lever/switch assy, rear bumper and brackets, battery box, upper radiator mounting brackets, hood hinge deflector, diamond tailgate cap. Also, LMC was the only place I could find that had a molded fuel tank vent hose. My last purchase was a very nice OE-style vinyl seat cover that was actually recommended by my upholstery guy.

That said, a few of their parts needed to be slightly bent, have bolt holes enlarged, etc. But I have found that to be true for parts from just about any vendor. In fact, I suspect many of the parts are made by only one company, imported by one US importer, and then sold through dozens of vendors.

Finally, I had a 55-57 Chevy car vendor tell me that parts made in Tawian are the best he has seen, and it's proven to be true in my experience. Unfortunately most of the vendors either don't know or won't tell you where the parts come from, even if it's written on the parts bag or the part itself.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    82sbshortbed likes this.
  15. Doppleganger

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    The few items that just arrived from LMC were decent. No idea on fitment yet, but they look of a good quality. I also got tail lenses (made in Taiwan - which is far superior to china) and they look decent too.

USA1 is the bunch I'm about done with....absolutely zero communication and customer service that doesn't exist. We're months past the coronahoax excuses.