LMC Fuel gauge any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have the usual dancing fuel gauge when I drive around. I heard the dampner on back of actual gauge worn out. Has anybody bought the after market direct replacement from LMC? Wondering if it's Chinese crap or any good. It's $49.99 or if it's even accurate.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Go to the wreckers, but sounds like a grounding issue or a tank float.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
This is my experience with new LMC fuel gauge. Still using new gauge. I recently drilled 1 small hole just below the E and 1 small hole below the F to keep needle from falling from one side to the other when either near full or near empty. In this pic you can see the short small paper clip i placed thru the back and glued in place. I also painted them flat black and not easy to see. Read thru posts. I still have one new and both act same when key off.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/new-fuel-gauge-needle-falls-to-4-oclock-position.24714/

You must be registered for see images attach

lcfman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
There are several suppliers that sell the small fuel gauge. Does anyone know if all the gauges offered by different suppliers come from the same manufacturer? I suspect they do. I am getting ready to make a switch to a factory tach and will need the smaller fuel gauge for the conversion. I want to avoid a problem part as we all do. Lets hear from the members who have installed the repo small fuel gauge and what their result were.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I'm interested in this too. there are quite a few quality 2" to 2-1/16" fuel gauges that'll work. finding one that'll look enough like the other gauges is tricky.

lcfman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Come on guys there has to be a lot of members that have purchased these small fuel gauges. This is the beauty of this forum to share experiences with the other members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512