Gas Gauge Problems Continue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be, a working gas gauge.

I ended up going with a Holley Sniper and replaced the fuel tank with a LMC Fuel Injection tank kit #32-5984 that comes with a"floatless" cylinder sender and other items required for the change.

Figured I'd finally have a working gas gauge. To my surprise I still did not.

Took out the gauge and looked like the resister on the back was bad so I bought a new gauge. I also tested the fuel sender out side the tank and it seemed to work as it should.

Here is my problem now...

Even with a full or almost full tank my gas gauge now seems to goes up when I accelerate and comes down when i take my foot off the gas.

I have considered the gas going back and forth in the tank as I accelerated and decelerated but just can't imagine it would change this quickly the way the fuel sender is designed and this new, baffled tank.

Anyone have any suggestions?

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
my fuel gauge (90tbi) fluctuates more than I'd think it would. it is a parts store replacement sender that wasn't an ac delco that a shop put in when they replaced the fuel pump. it is worse than my original sender.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I replaced both my senders and tanks as well a few years back when I switched to efi. The tanks are meant for efi, and have baffles in them to keep sloshing to a minimum, but my cheap, tempo gauge still bounces around a bit. I think it has more to do with the gauge itself. The expensive, nice gauges have "cushion" to keep the bouncing down I think

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This just isn't normal or close to normal fluctuations.

This is like it's tied to the throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31