Lights:too many to be legal need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.2diesel

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
6.2l
So i bought 2 little cubes, got a great deal from a buddy, but here in North dakota (maybe some other states) you can only have 4 lights running at once, now i have dual head lights so running brights i have 4 running already, stock they dont do much. I dont wanna upgrade them yet, thats for after college, but what should i do? not run brights, or disconect my dims while running brights? btw they are flood lights

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Are they LED pods? If they are, you shouldn't drive in high traffic areas like highways, cities and ect. with them on. They are way too bright for the road and meant for country driving and offroading.

If you're trying to upgrade to better lights because the original ones aren't very bright, I would start by getting a heavy duty headlight wiring harness, and just get some new decent headlights, and then aim them correctly by moving the adjusters. Led pods and lightbars are too bright even during sunset or just lowlight they're crazy bright to look at.
I have a 42 inch on my daily driver.

6.2diesel

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
6.2l
I live in the country, and drive back roads alot coming and going to friends houses, cooning with the hounds, work etc. Our highway at night doesnt even seem to have traffic on them, i think of people alot so ill be carefull to use them, btw they are 18w led pods

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Well if you do think of other people while driving then you should probably have no problem with getting pulled over for too many lights, if you run high beams and those pods at the same time. Since when you turn off the pods you also turn off your high beams so then you only have two lights on.

I'm from ND too and I never even knew about that law lol, but there's plenty of people running around with factory fog lights on all the time and that kind of stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don