Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Ive looked at most of the suspension pages here and every answer seems different. ... i have a 87 v20. My rear sits higher than my front. Id like to change that as easy as possible. I will post pics of it later tomorrow after i shake the snow off. But what's the best way to level it out with out changing an ass load of stuff? After i get the kids to school ill take the time and measure the height from center on each wheel to the bottom of the fender and post results. As well as pictures. Is there any other thing that someone would need to know before giving me an informed answer? I believe i have 7 leaves in the rear and i know i have 3 in the front. I hope this makes some sense lol just got home from the watering hole and needed to post something to keep my mind off the ******* pricks my son goes to school with... he got in the vehicle today after schoolbamd informed me that some kid was demanding his money... ******* little ********. Hopig to deal with it as nicely as i can tomorrow. I already told him if the kid does it again to punch him in the nose... yea yea i know its wrong to promote violence but sometimes nothing works as good as a fist to the nose... anyway sorry for my half question/rant. Just needed to get it out. Thanks in advance for the answers.
Ps thats my boy in my profile pic

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Ahh - don't worry about it man. And there's no need to get stressed over how your boy will survive that hostile environment; the one they call K-6. No matter what happens, he won't - or can't - get hurt (have you seen a grade school fist fight lately? It's pathetic). And anyway, it's all part of growing up. Boys adapt and change.

Oh yeah; IDK anything about modifying square body truck suspension, so I can't help you with that. But I'll bet somebody else will know.

Last edited:

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
He will be ok. Just a little disheartening cause they are still so young. Its all good. At least i know i have the better kid. Thanks for the words of encouragement though. Helps being able to vent it out

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Well add a leaf to the front or I think they have 1 inch block for the front wouldn't do anymore than that though depends on what the truck is used for could always lose a leaf in the rear

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I haul wood mostly. Id rather raise the front up a little than lower the back. I usually load over a cord of wood at a time in the bed plus a couple cords on a trailer. Its all back country badlands type stuff i drive so the extra inch or 2 in the front helps. Add a leaf sounds better than a lift block. Ive never been a fan of blocks.

Affende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Affende
Truck Year
83 and 84
Truck Model
C1500 and K3500 3+3
Engine Size
250 and 454
arent 4-leaf packs an option?

it would stiffen up the front for sure, but swapping springs is easy and yours are likely sagging anyway.

thats my plan on the 84 K3500 ... currently has 3 leaves, ill be going with a 4 leaf pack.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Sounds like your truck needs a "zero rate". Goes inside the front leaf pack, under the bottom leaf.

Regarding your son, as A dad I understand how you feel. I would more concerned about the propaganda and ******** the teachers are filling him up with....

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Ill loo into zero rates

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ive looked at most of the suspension pages here and every answer seems different. ... i have a 87 v20. My rear sits higher than my front. Id like to change that as easy as possible. I will post pics of it later tomorrow after i shake the snow off. But what's the best way to level it out with out changing an ass load of stuff? After i get the kids to school ill take the time and measure the height from center on each wheel to the bottom of the fender and post results. As well as pictures. Is there any other thing that someone would need to know before giving me an informed answer? I believe i have 7 leaves in the rear and i know i have 3 in the front. I hope this makes some sense lol just got home from the watering hole and needed to post something to keep my mind off the ******* pricks my son goes to school with... he got in the vehicle today after schoolbamd informed me that some kid was demanding his money... ******* little ********. Hopig to deal with it as nicely as i can tomorrow. I already told him if the kid does it again to punch him in the nose... yea yea i know its wrong to promote violence but sometimes nothing works as good as a fist to the nose... anyway sorry for my half question/rant. Just needed to get it out. Thanks in advance for the answers.
Ps thats my boy in my profile pic
I’ve taught my girls to aim for 2 feet behind the douche in questions head as this was how I was taught. That way they hit them with power not at the end of a swing.... broken noses for every one. Throat punches are a bit more effective in silencing fuktards tho same approach but in the throat.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
So i measured the top of the arch to the center of the wheel front and back. Front is 23 and the rear is about 24 and a half. My son held the tape at the wheel in the back so i know that the rear measurement is off some. But those zero rates seem like they will work perfectly. So on my Christmas list goes zero rates new stainless u bolts and shocks all the way around.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Stainless U bolts? And look at you throwing perfectly good wood away.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb