Let’s talk about headliners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
On RockAuto link you can see the difference between the Factory to non-Factory Headliners. My 77 K5 came with a headline and all of the moldings. When I removed the Headline molding there are round holes cut in the metal roof for ventilation?
Thanks for the info. I looked at RockAuto, and I now see what you're talking about. I don't think the headliner I got from my friend's truck had those round cut outs, but maybe I'm just not remembering them.

At least I understand the difference in the aftermarket headliners now. Thank you!

Rudy Mienert

Reaction score
First Name
Rudy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
On RockAuto link you can see the difference between the Factory to non-Factory Headliners. My 77 K5 came with a headline and all of the moldings. When I removed the Headline molding there are round holes cut in the metal roof for ventilation? I can post a picture if interested.
Yes, I would like to see pics of the roof, thanks!!

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Here are some pictures of my Headliner area.

Attachments

• HL.jpg
    HL.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
  • HL2.jpg
    HL2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 50
  • HL4.jpg
    HL4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
  • HL3.jpg
    HL3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 50

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
Just re-covered my headliner for the '91 Suburban 4x4. Used the old boards, as they were in good shape. Ordered my material from Stock Interiors, as it was the closest shade match to their replacement carpet. Took the old boards and new material to my interior shop in Denton, TX. They do great work, and also do custom interiors for high end Peterbilt trucks. The majority of the cost was the labor in removing ALL the old material and glue residue (as was mentioned in a previous post). Photo is the recovered boards waiting to be reinstalled. I think they look nifty.

You must be registered for see images attach

PM me if you would like the name/number of the interior shop in Denton for anyone who lives in or near the DFW metro-mess.

That looks like its decent quality . web site says its 1/4" thick foam is that about right ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boukeelynn