left turn signal does not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
1978/1984
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
okay so first the right front marker light went completely out and i played with the ground wire and it works fine now.. but the left side, same light just other side of truck, now lights up but wont blink. could that be a fuse or relay or what? any help will be appreciated!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
First, clean and retighten the ground connections on the affected side.

Pull the lamps from all the sockets and clean them up (lamp bases and inside the sockets).

Then maybe try a new flasher relay - they cost about 4 bucks.

It is not a fuse issue.

Last edited:

cmull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
1978/1984
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
and i also noticed it only doesnt blink when the head lights/parking lights are on. lights off and it works fine..

recian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 cheyenne
Engine Size
That sounds like an issue in the socket or wiring. Had this happen on an old d150 I had. I ended up having to re-wire it under the bed since the harness melted. Would work good til you turned the lights on. Does the flasher click and not illuminate? Or no clicking at all in the dash?

At least yours doesnt do what mine does. The flasher inside on the cluster stays on for the passenger whenever the headlights are on and when it flashes it just illuminates brighter while it flashes. I think I've got a circuit board problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy-14