Leaf Spring Rebound Clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirweesarunch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Theres two on each spring pack. Front and rear. The rear ones are thicker and heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Holy crap so THAT's what I'm missing. I have aftermarket rough country lift springs and my front spring packs like to get all crooked with eachother (like a deck of poorly stacked cards) and every so often I go under there with a light hammer and knock them back into shape. Lol I knew it wasn't right, but never knew there was something specifically out there to fix/prevent this issue

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
@Powerhouse Ranch,

That's like the leaf spring clips, I bet they're not out there. I'm smelling a long fruitless journey already. People end up having to make them themselves, heck, all you'd need is what looks like some 3/16" thick bar stock, measure it out, put the bar in a vice, heat it up, bend it over in 2" sections, drill a couple of holes and go to Lowe's buy a bolt and they do have sleeve material over in the specialty hardware section, and if not go over to the metals section where they have the angle iron, round stock, and all thread, and find you some tubing the size of the bolt and you've made your own! Screw it!
I'll probably have to do this.

Though I do work in a machine shop, I suppose I could get fancy with it lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
you see that's the thing. i currently have just one on the driver side front, the rest fell off when the po had it and he put hose clamps on them instead! I don't know much about them besides they probably hold the leaves together better, but how many should i have? Depend on age or how much weight i have or is it like two per spring? what do you know about them?
hmm. i will inspect my intact spring packs for an answer, the ones that are in pieces will likely be misleading LOL

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
hmm. i will inspect my intact spring packs for an answer, the ones that are in pieces will likely be misleading LOL

@sirweesarunch told me above two per spring and i may just replace my one, so 4 fronts and 4 backs, i believe the rears might be a little beefier? I don't know it is a 1/2 ton, springs aren't too impressive. perhaps there is a difference though

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

So i measured, the fronts are 2 1/2 inches wide by 2 3/4 inches tall (4 of those) and the rears will be 2 1/2 inches wide by 2 1/2 inches tall (4 of those)

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
WELL WHILE WE'RE HERE:

I would like to put a step bumper on the back of my Jimmy. . . . Is this possible???\

Now i know that the normal bumpers bolt onto the frame and the frame brackets in for different locations, but is the frame and everything the same width to use a pickup step bumper & are the holes there to line up? Has this been done? Surely it has. . .

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Someone on here just did this to a suburban??.....close to a Jimmy/ Blazer??

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Its hard to find any info on Dina’s on the internet. I have a buddy in Guadalajara whom i visited back in 1991 and they had one as a shop truck. The rear tail gate and lights are more like a 67’ the rest is pure squarebody. All the guages are in spanish. The motor is straight six AMC type motor or typical to a jeep. 3 speed manual tranny. 1/2 ton short bed. Cool little trucks. There are larger flatbed models and some are rumored to be sporting Perkins diesels. I’ll keep digging for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also heard about an option for the truck rear window to be a power slider... not like a side to side slide, but a solid window where the entire window could slide up and down. Only available in the South American variants as far as I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman