L83 Gen V - No Start after DOD Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofast321

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hi everyone. I need some help. I have a 2015 L83 (gen v) swapped into my 1988 Suburban. The swap has worked great for the past 3 years (I dive it everyday). A few weeks ago I had a DOD/AFM lifter fail. I decided to replace the cam and lifters and install DOD plugs in the block. I reassembled everything today but now the truck will crank but not start. It doesn't even sound like it wants to try to start.

- Timing looks right. Crank dot at 12 o'clock and cam arrow at 6 o'clock
- Engine is getting fuel (plugs are wet)
- Engine is getting spark (pulled a plug and cranked the engine and could see spark)

Strangely there seems to be a lot of air blowing out of the intake manifold. Almost feels like timing is out 180 but I don't think thats possible on one of these engines correct?

I already had the DOD deactivated in the ECU when I originally did the swap? Would there be additional ECU tuning required?

Any guidance or help would be appreciated. I'm all out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Sounds like valves are potentially hung open from wrong adjustment or a cam / crank trigger issue. Both are magnet type sensors so potentially metal build up

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

justinlloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.3l
Happy Thanksgiving! I was wondering if you had figured out your issue? I am having what seems like the exact same problem in my truck. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated as I am confused on where to go from here.
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1