K5 Secondary color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Well I am sitting around bored knowing what I need to do so I wanted to scribble on my truck to figure out a secondary color. My top, roof and hood need some love so I was gonna go with the layout below. The top half isn't going to be as low as the factory just to be a little different. The plan is to go with U-Pol Raptor Liner. I was thinking black at first but then I stuck grey on it and didn't seem too bad. What are some of the honest opinions out there and preferences. I know everyone here has an ******* so they should have an opinion as well. Let em roll

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 98

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I kinda like it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like the dark gray on it. Although the bedliner thing is kinda... eh, not sure really. I think a metallic paint would look best.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I like the dark gray on it. Although the bedliner thing is kinda... eh, not sure really. I think a metallic paint would look best.

I agree on the metallic paint. I have never been a fan of bedliner anything but bedlining and chip gaurd.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
The wife wants paint but I am not looking to put that much effort in since it will see trail time. I don't want to worry about scratching it. I would also have to start doing body work if I wanted paint.... damn it I should have never asked bc now I am thinking color. Guess I will have to go talk to the PPG guys.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
If you decide to go with paint that doesn't mean you have to go all out. I have had good luck with industrial enamel including the rustolium sourced
from Grainger. It just takes a big tip on an HVLP gravity gun to spray it. Never had a fear of sctatches. That stuff is tough!

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yeah I got a gun that will spray paste. At one time in my life I did P&B and did industrial on budweiser trailers. All good fun spraying in an open shop drinking beer given to the shop by the distributor. Don't worry we only did that after 5... unless if it was Friday then it was noon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20