Is there any hope for these tools?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Evapo-Rust does work very well. Know what also works well? Undiluted white vinegar.

1 quart Evapo-Rust $8.99
1 gallon 45% Pure Vinegar Concentrated $18.99

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Lol, it happened on accident. Like 15 years ago, I tossed a bunch of used specialty hardware in this tub when I was cleaning the garage. I don't recall what happened, but somehow I busted the lid and water collected in it for a while. I think the roof leaked on it maybe. I got pissed off when I found it, so just dumped a bunch of fluid in there after draining the water.

I've stirred it up from time to time. Tossed in at least a couple pair of pliers, a couple pair of vice grips and some more bolts here and there. I also put in a ring/pinion gear and a couple t-case inputs to keep them from rusting.

Well I'm glad this thread was bumped, now I can find it again. I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks which can only mean one thing. I'll be forced to empty the finely aged special sauce from my soaker tub and see what goodies my be in there.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Well I'm glad this thread was bumped, now I can find it again. I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks which can only mean one thing. I'll be forced to empty the finely aged special sauce from my soaker tub and see what goodies my be in there.
moving? does that mean you have cool stuff you need to get rid of? :cool:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
moving? does that mean you have cool stuff you need to get rid of? :cool:

Eh. I've tried to sell a few things that I didn't really care to keep moving around, with a little bit of success. But mostly I'm moving so that I have more room for all of my stuff, lol.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Eh. I've tried to sell a few things that I didn't really care to keep moving around, with a little bit of success. But mostly I'm moving so that I have more room for all of my stuff, lol.
and 6 months later when you're already out of room you'll be saying "what the hell happened to all that extra space?". More room for stuff just = more stuff. Trust me, this has happened to me very quickly since I moved. Hah, and I thought moving into this place would fix that problem, but I ended up just as short on space because I naturally just filled up all the new space.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
and 6 months later when you're already out of room you'll be saying "what the hell happened to all that extra space?". More room for stuff just = more stuff. Trust me, this has happened to me very quickly since I moved. Hah, and I thought moving into this place would fix that problem, but I ended up just as short on space because I naturally just filled up all the new space.

Oh, I know it. There will be more storage space and way more hard pack parking space. It won't be long before I'm right back where I started. But the house is well over double the size, so the family will have the room they need too.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
lol had to try

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg