Interior redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sounds good. I have a spot weld cutter, but need to order a new cutter for it, it lost a tooth. Definatly have to put sound dampener and insulation on the firewall while it's out. It doesn't look like there is much room to get a drill in there.
Drill behind the dash you mean?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
What are you going to use for the final covering over the vertical area behind the seat? I think my truck originally had some type of behind-the-seat cover or tray with a fiberboard panel running down the back wall, since there is a line of screw holes a few inches down from the window. However, that tray is long gone.

I've considered carpeting a new piece of fiberboard for a back panel covering, but I'm not sure how will it will turn around inside the cab corners to provide full coverage all the way to the door posts.

Bruce
Back wall carpet is available, LMC and others sell it. It attaches with velcro and is molded to fit all the way to the door post. With sound deadening and whichever insulation you chose it will be very quiet. It’s also a nice clean look and matches the new carpet perfectly

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Back wall carpet is available, LMC and others sell it. It attaches with velcro and is molded to fit all the way to the door post. With sound deadening and whichever insulation you chose it will be very quiet. It’s also a nice clean look and matches the new carpet perfectly

You must be registered for see images attach

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
To drill out the spot welds.
The picture showing the rust spot is not what your drilling out. You’re drilling the part where the dash seam, the outer seam and the inner cab seam all meet one another. And it must be drilled through the windshield opening.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You’re drilling out the dimples shown here

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The picture showing the rust spot is not what your drilling out. You’re drilling the part where the dash seam, the outer seam and the inner cab seam all meet one another. And it must be drilled through the windshield opening.
So from the outside of the truck? That looks like it would be easier.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
That is a beautiful truck! Mine is white with carmine interior. Now I have something to aspire to when I do my interior. She's still waiting in line for paint job at work, but I'm doing a color change

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I haven’t bothered to cover the upper part yet. But this is my Thuglife setup. I mainly listen to Country music and Disney score in here. But hey, it works for me. LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666