Interior Bulb ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did a search before starting this thread so apologies if I missed the information. I know that the standard dash cluster bulbs are 194s. However I am trying to locate the original #s for the heater control bulb, the lower dash courtesy bulbs and turn signal bulbs.
I am switching everything over to LEDs on a 1974 C10. Most of the online vendors use their own part #s so I don't have the oe numbers to match those bulbs to LEDS.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seriously consider NOT using LED for exterior. Many posts on problems associated with it.

LED bulbs are a computer circuit. These older vehicles do not have clean enough circuits.

Been there done that.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I agree and am not interested in swapping out the exterior lighting. I'm just trying to gather a list of the interior bulbs sizes/numbers for reference when doing interior led lighting.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Pretty sure there is a bulb chart in the owners manual.

Most dash lights are 194. Warning lights or turn signal lights are sometimes 168, same bulb design but slightly higher wattage and just a bit brighter. I’m guessing GM did that help get your attention if the bulb comes on.