I'm taking the plunge....2005 seats in a 76

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I must be the only person on earth that finds those seats mildly uncomfortable. The base model type pictured by the OP are a little better, but I hate that the center seatback doesn't fold down. I'm not just an occasional observer either, I've ridden in who knows how many of those trucks and owned a couple of them too. I just don't understand why those seats are so popular.

And I also don't know how people can install them on the tall factory floor humps and be comfortable with that. The steering wheel doesn't belong in your lap. Imho, the only 'non hack' way to install them is how @bft305 mentioned. It's also how @Old77 installed them, he's got a thread about it too.
link to said thread is in my signature. The way mine turned out looks factory and everyone who's ever looked at them in person has asked me if these seats just bolted in. :) NO, but thank you for the compliment :)

....and it puts the steering wheel where it belongs as well as the driver's body.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
link to said thread is in my signature. The way mine turned out looks factory and everyone who's ever looked at them in person has asked me if these seats just bolted in. :) NO, but thank you for the compliment :)

....and it puts the steering wheel where it belongs as well as the driver's body.
How do i find your signature? Id like to see these seats

ak4life

alaskan born, fed and bred.....lol.
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
81/84 gmc, 2001gmc, 2003 gmc, 2005 chevy
Truck Model
longbed squarebody, longbed 4dr extended cab, yukon sle, 4dr ext. cab
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
At first it felt odd, but now I love it. It rides like a cadillac.
You must be registered for see images attach
Daaaaaaaamn that looks dope, nice work and choice. What year were they from and what mods did you have to do ? I have a set of escalade seats but they were 3rd row seating so they arent as plush as the front seats would be....but i can live with it. Ripping all the bracketry off and making mounts was a pain though...

Attachments

• 19141.jpg
    19141.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 50

ak4life

alaskan born, fed and bred.....lol.
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
81/84 gmc, 2001gmc, 2003 gmc, 2005 chevy
Truck Model
longbed squarebody, longbed 4dr extended cab, yukon sle, 4dr ext. cab
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
And i found your sticky so thank you, im gonna read up on how to tackle this and maybe get rid of my escalade seats....

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If those air bags separate from the seat you may be able to make some money selling

Or do fun things that the government would look down on you for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg