Im stumpped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Yes it supports it I have my phone super geeked out lol that's what I do what is the name of the app

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ya I'm not spending 2.99 on an app for anything lol

I didn't want to either but it is great for browsing the forum, 20 times easier than trying to view desktop mode on mobile. If you spend a lot of time here IMO it is worth it, and you can view any site that has Tapatalk.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's a one time expense too isn't 89S? It's not $2.99 a month.

As far as the CE ligh being burnt out, Jim can help here, but isn't there jumpers on the ALDL that if he has a test light, it will flash the test light just like it would the CE light on the dash???

And that Temp sender should have nothing to do with this issue. That one in the head is just for the guage. The temp sensor is the one that matters for this issue.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It's a one time expense too isn't 89S? It's not $2.99 a month.

As far as the CE ligh being burnt out, Jim can help here, but isn't there jumpers on the ALDL that if he has a test light, it will flash the test light just like it would the CE light on the dash???

And that Temp sender should have nothing to do with this issue. That one in the head is just for the guage. The temp sensor is the one that matters for this issue.

Yah, one time expense.

Jim had me hook a multimeter to the computer somehow to get the codes, had to count the swings of the needle, worked good.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yah, one time expense.

Jim had me hook a multimeter to the computer somehow to get the codes, had to count the swings of the needle, worked good.

Yep, same thing. But point is, there is still a way to get the codes without the C
E light operational.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
I'm getting bulbs now and the truck won't run long enough to get a code unless I unplug the map sensor which will give me a code 33 and 34 or at least that's what I have read and I'll be replacing the one on the intake manifold as I think it could be some of my issue

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Plus if you have my android phone you will few web pages just like looking at a a laptop

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I'm getting bulbs now and the truck won't run long enough to get a code unless I unplug the map sensor which will give me a code 33 and 34 or at least that's what I have read and I'll be replacing the one on the intake manifold as I think it could be some of my issue

your right, you may not get a code at allmtill you can drive it. Hold off on any more sensors, until the fuel system is counted out.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Well $11.83 later and its fixed you all have no ideal how happy I am right now and thank you all so much for all the input and Jim I checked the tank like you had said and found nothing wrong at all and I had already bought the sensor so I installed it and bam fired right up idles like a champ and rpms like it supposed it I'm in total disbelief that it was the Ignition Temp Sensor (kragens parts name for it)the whole time

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Plus if you have my android phone you will few web pages just like looking at a a laptop

Mine does too but it takes a lot longer to load and I always got to zoom in to pic a thread or post to read or navigate, pain in the ass for me anyway. Tapatalk you just need a thumb to navigate unless you post. Plus I can spy on members better on it. :D

You must be registered for see images

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Well $11.83 later and its fixed you all have no ideal how happy I am right now and thank you all so much for all the input and Jim I checked the tank like you had said and found nothing wrong at all and I had already bought the sensor so I installed it and bam fired right up idles like a champ and rpms like it supposed it I'm in total disbelief that it was the Ignition Temp Sensor (kragens parts name for it)the whole time

Woohoo! You mean the coolant temp?

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Ya the one on the intake manifold.....my phone is dual booted running a different operating system on one partition and Linux Ubuntu on the other hooked to my PC monitor and blue tooth mic lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Awesome. After reading what you and Jim had already done, I was about 95% certain that's exactly what it was. Now, if you ever get that bulb and pull codes. You're going to have a code 15 stored. Or, you could disconnect the battery for a short while and it should lose all it's stored codes. I'd still get that CEL fixed and operational. Even if the vehicle is running good, depending on the code, you may be getting bad mpg and not even realize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy454-350