I need a timing light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
The older ones with the glossy finish or the newer dull finish? I've got the older style and they have held up supurb over the years. They have been downright impressive, especially considering they were only 20 bucks for the set.

I have a set with the dull, matte finish. I bought it about 5 years ago. Theyve held up to everything I've thrown at them. Yea, the price is what got me. I bought it for one job and anything else after was considered a bonus.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The older ones with the glossy finish or the newer dull finish? I've got the older style and they have held up supurb over the years. They have been downright impressive, especially considering they were only 20 bucks for the set.

TBI. They love timing, but going over 12* requires premium fuel. Sometimes around 10* in a hard working truck.

I'm going to advance my timing to see if it will help my horrible stumble. If you've checked out my TBI conversion thread you will know what a disaster this project has been. I was reluctant to change base timing because a lot of resources say to not touch it. I can always put it back if it doesn't work.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a set with the dull, matte finish. I bought it about 5 years ago. Theyve held up to everything I've thrown at them. Yea, the price is what got me. I bought it for one job and anything else after was considered a bonus.

I did that with a set of Tekton impact sockets. I've had them for three years now. I'm money way ahead.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I got mine back around '03 or so. They were used daily until a few years ago and saw a lot of work in that time. They have held up every bit as good as Snap On impact sockets.

But other things I've bought from harbor freight have sucked,lol.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I got mine back around '03 or so. They were used daily until a few years ago and saw a lot of work in that time. They have held up every bit as good as Snap On impact sockets.

But other things I've bought from harbor freight have sucked,lol.
Yea same here. Some stuff was downright cringey. As mentioned before, the stuff that requires precision should be bought right the first time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP