i nearly f****d up today..working on my square !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
Had to change the output seals in the t case...didn't put it on the lift...figured it would be just as easy in the ground since the trucks lifted and all..at any rate...pulled my chocks out...sat them by the rear tires...went to set the parking brake and my phone rang...finished my conversation and went to work draining the case...

Next step...removing the rear drive shaft...note you read nothing about going back to set the parking brake OR chocking the wheels...yea you know where this is going...

Popped the rear drive shaft out...and in that split second...truck began rolling backwards...im under it on a creeper...and yes it literally ran over ne...I couldn't seem to get out from under it...it happened really fast...

I managed to ride the creeper while hanging onto the t case crossmember...onto the grass off of the pavement...scurried around and saw the left front 35x12.50 coming at my head...rolled my body and that left front tire rolled over me...literally...by this time I was on the front side of my body on the ground...ran over my legs between my ass and the back of my knees...

I truly feel im lucky to be alive...a few inches one way ans it was ny head and the tire...a few inches the other way and it was my head and the bottom of the differential...

I use no exaggeration here guys...this was honestly the second time in my life I truly feared for my life...

Always take the proper safety precautions when doing your own work on anything guys...

78 K-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cheyne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
oh man. im so glad youre ok. I always chaulk both sides of every tire cuz ive had nightmares in my dreams of just exactly what happened to you... holy balls man

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
I was a nervous wreck for about an hour man

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Theres a guy on here "oneluckypops" same thing happened to him but I think he got tore up pretty bad. It's what made him choose that username. Yep that would freak the **** plum outta me, glad you're ok.

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Damn that's scary. Glad your ok.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I always use my emergency/parking brake when my truck is on a drive on lift with wheel chucks or jacking up the front end from the ground level.

Last edited:

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
I always use my emergency/parking brake when my truck is on a drive on lift with wheel chucks or jacking up the front end from the ground level.

I normally do as well...this time for whatever reason I got sidetracked...I learned my lesson

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You're lucky to still be here. How's your legs feeling?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Glad to hear you are OK!

I had something similar happen, but mine wasn't quite as scary. Working a 1970 C10 (my brother's) that had no rear parking brake because the PO removed it for some reason. I didn't even think about it when I popped the drive shaft out. Fortunately, it wasn't a very steep incline, and I was able to wedge the truck in place using my foot against the oil pan while I yelled for help. I definitely think twice when I remove driveshafts now...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Keep your eyes peeled for deep bruising, that **** is deadly.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
note to self, buy parking brake cables for the truck.

wow glad you are here talking to us about it. Somebody upstairs is watching out for ya man for sure.

I've almost ran ppl over or crashed twice in a stick shift, bout the worst I ever done I can think of, thought it was in neutral, fired it up in gear LOL. Luckily I got on the brake fast enough to stop from running over my old man. Stupid fords lol. The second I had a rock in front of the tire and stopped me from ramming a car. I fired it up with the clutch in, thought it was in N, popped the clutch and it tried to go LOL.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
My legs are sore...but not like you think it would be for a 6500 lb truck rolling over them..mind you its a diesel burb...im keeping an eye out for bruising...I took a jog around and some a few put of ordinary stretching afterwards...I really don't think anythings broken..im sure ill be sore as hell in the am.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Theres a guy on here "oneluckypops" same thing happened to him but I think he got tore up pretty bad. It's what made him choose that username. Yep that would freak the **** plum outta me, glad you're ok.
Yes you are correct C4,
My legs are sore...but not like you think it would be for a 6500 lb truck rolling over them..mind you its a diesel burb...im keeping an eye out for bruising...I took a jog around and some a few put of ordinary stretching afterwards...I really don't think anythings broken..im sure ill be sore as hell in the am.

I am defintly lucky to be here to even tell you this. I am not going to go into my story again, if you want to read it its on here somewehre, but what I will say is this.
I am DEFINTLY NOT a person that goes to the Dr. for anything and everything,(infact thursday was the first time I have been since my accident nearly 10 years ago) BUT in your case I would really suggest getting checked out PROFESSIONALLY. You could have something internally messed up and not even know about it. Such as a blood claught, they can and DO break free and first place there going is to your heart.
Glad you was able to walk away, hope everything checks out good for you.

78 K-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cheyne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
wait adam,.. ur squareburban ran over your legs. this i can understand. but you went for a jog afterwords? wild man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay