I knew this trans was dead... TH350 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I've driven the car a few times now. It chattered third a couple more times, but has not done it since. I'm thinking it may have still been breaking in. Funky, but it seems ok now.

It is interesting however that auto shifts are almost entirely unnoticeable. Can't even tell the car shifted. Yet, when I manually shift it bangs into the gears real nice and firm. Is this normal? Are the super soft auto shifts because I put all the check balls and the orange accumulator spring back in? It's a very strange sensation, reminds me a lot of those new variable-band honda transmissions that never shift.

I manually shift 99% of the time because its more fun:dancingpoop: but I do wonder about those auto shifts.
I dont manual shift unless its to downshift on a mountain, but my th350 is real smooth shifts. Almost barely notice them if it wasnt for the sound of the revs.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yep the check balls make all the difference. If it seems like it's not holding a gear long enough it might need the modulator valve adjusted a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128