I keep seeing the option of "custom or Silverado"...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atekido

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
So as I'm looking for parts and such for this 1983 C10 Suburban 5.7L my grandfather gave me I am sometimes on websites asked to choose custom or Silverado.. after choosing 1983, c10 suburban 5.7 ect. is the suburban considered the "Custom" and if so is that just short for Customer Sport Utility? I apologize if this is a no brainer. in my mind I think SIlverado as the "truck" and suburban would be the "Custom sport utility"

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
So as I'm looking for parts and such for this 1983 C10 Suburban 5.7L my grandfather gave me I am sometimes on websites asked to choose custom or Silverado.. after choosing 1983, c10 suburban 5.7 ect. is the suburban considered the "Custom" and if so is that just short for Customer Sport Utility? I apologize if this is a no brainer. in my mind I think SIlverado as the "truck" and suburban would be the "Custom sport utility"
Custome deluxe, Scottsdale and Silverado are trim levels. Silverado being the high end. These names are used for 81+
Before that, 73+ there was custom, custom deluxe, Cheyenne, Cheyenne super, and 75 started Silverado.
Your burb looks to be Silverado trim level. It's also mentioned in your fender tag and should be in the glovebox.

Atekido

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
AH ok thanks for the clarification!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
It can be confusing as you could get Silverado trim (V22 - grill & YG3 - Deluxe Molding Package) a Scottsdale. Here's a prime example. This is a 589 mile Scottsdale with Silverado trim. The tell tail sign is the interior. Scottsdales don't have the brushed dash/interior door trim or padded door panels like a Silverado.

You must be registered for see images attach

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
It can be confusing as you could get Silverado trim (V22 - grill & YG3 - Deluxe Molding Package) a Scottsdale. Here's a prime example. This is a 589 mile Scottsdale with Silverado trim. The tell tail sign is the interior. Scottsdales don't have the brushed dash/interior door trim or padded door panels like a Silverado.

Dang that's a beautiful truck.
From looking at it, you'd think it was Silverado, but it's just a maxed out Scottsdale. Very nice

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

Just different trim levels.
Yours will say on the corner of the dash or in the glovebox.
Custom Deluxe being the lowest, Silverado being the highest.
In GMC it went Seirra, High Seirra, amd Seirra Classic. And a few Sierra Grande.
Over the years they've been dropping all the names, now it's just Siverado amd Seirra.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Dang that's a beautiful truck.
From looking at it, you'd think it was Silverado, but it's just a maxed out Scottsdale. Very nice
And BTW.. that beautiful rig sold for $84,500… true story !

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

The other thing that gets confusing is that there are a lot of options within each package. Take the above pictures of the Scottsdale, a mid-level truck. My truck which is a different color scheme, but has cloth seats and carpet. The above picture looks like it's vinyl and rubber / vinyl floor. I really should take the cover off and snap some pictures of it, it looks like it's been covered it's whole life. The one in the picture has power windows, mine is manual. Both trucks are 84's so I am comparing same years as well.

Atekido

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
I feel so dumb you were correct... right on the fenders it says 10silverado. and it does on that sheet glued inside the glovebox. Facepalm! thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84