I did a thing for the TH400's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris_n

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C
Engine Size
Hey all, I've been doing the car thing for almost 30 years now. My last project had a TH400 and when I upgraded the carb to an Edelbrock, I lost the kickdown. After waiting for an order for a kickdown solution that never came, I ended up 3D printing it. It'll help many of y'all with aftermarket carbs or wanting to upgrade but not wanting to lose your kickdown afterwards.

I've got them on eBay. That is for an Edelbrock but I also have them for Holley, QJet, Demon, Summit, FITech.

Thanks!
Chris

Krausmotorsport

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Nice Engineering! Simple! I'm a field engineer so I can surely appreciate this!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I need to do something like this for the mounting of the switch on my buick. Its a weird switch because it does both a kickdown and the switching of the circuit for the switch pitch torque converter. The switch is mounted to the intake manifold with an arm coming out to connect to the carb. On second thought it's probably smarter to just remove the stock switch and go to a simple single switch and 3-d printed bracket like you have there.

Its probably worth noting that the stock squarebody mounting of the kickdown switch is on the pedal though, not on the carb. So at least for the squarebody crowd, it's a non-issue mostly.

chris_n

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C
Engine Size
I need to do something like this for the mounting of the switch on my buick. Its a weird switch because it does both a kickdown and the switching of the circuit for the switch pitch torque converter. The switch is mounted to the intake manifold with an arm coming out to connect to the carb. On second thought it's probably smarter to just remove the stock switch and go to a simple single switch and 3-d printed bracket like you have there.

Its probably worth noting that the stock squarebody mounting of the kickdown switch is on the pedal though, not on the carb. So at least for the squarebody crowd, it's a non-issue mostly.

I give the switch pitch guys a wiring diagram for that application when they buy it. I love the Nailhead!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I give the switch pitch guys a wiring diagram for that application when they buy it. I love the Nailhead!
It is a 67 Riviera, so it originally had a 430… but someone swapped in a 1970 455 at some point. It still has the original numbers matching switch pitch 400 in it though. It looks like it might have been rebuilt and the switch pitch disabled at some point though.

chris_n

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C
Engine Size
It is a 67 Riviera, so it originally had a 430… but someone swapped in a 1970 455 at some point. It still has the original numbers matching switch pitch 400 in it though. It looks like it might have been rebuilt and the switch pitch disabled at some point though.
I just had a guy get one for his 67 Riviera. He installed the bracket on an Edelbrock AVS carb. He made no mention of the switch pitch. It's all about how you wire it.

chris_n

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C
Engine Size
I wanted to say thanks to those, if anyone, that purchased on eBay.

If you've lost your kickdown or were on the fence about an aftrermarket carb, don't hesitate. This is the solution.

Thank you
Chris

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
@Bextreme04 I would think a simple hob switch mounted where ever you want would be a simple solution much more tunable than a full throttle switch.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@Bextreme04 I would think a simple hob switch mounted where ever you want would be a simple solution much more tunable than a full throttle switch.
Maybe. Its a good solution if your stock switch is having an issue or you don't have a mounting location for one. Lots of cars and some of the trucks had the kickdown switch mount on the intake manifold or the carb, so when you swap or the switch is no longer available, the kickdown no longer works. The factory kickdown on my truck works just fine, as I'm sure it does for most of the factory TH400 equipped squarebodies. I'll probably get one of these mounts for my Buick though, because it will be much easier to mount and adjust a kickdown with this than trying to build some kind of adapter for the stock switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag