hydroboost M/C onto a vacuum booster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
i have a m/c from a 1977 1 ton with hydroboost system, how can i know ifd iit will or can fit on a 1975 C20 vacuum power brake booster annd is correct booster output push rod length etc..? here are two pics of the hydroboost m/c i have..
and then i have a pic of the factory delco moraine power vacuum booster 1975 C20 with the larger heavy duty JB7 13" type of rear brakes system. the m/c is from a 14K GVWR truck, which is really basically more of a 1-1/2 ton truck, in all reality, based on it being that a typical normal basic 1 ton is around 10k GVWR. the diameter of the casting where the m/c sticks into the booster bore is about 1 and 6/10 of an inch(1.6") in which is just over 1 and 1/2 inches.
and the piston end is not set into the casting very far at all, at rest, piston all way out against the retainer/snap ring.
the power vacuum m/c dimensions i have no idea. cant measure with it on the truck - but i do have a couple pics of the delco moraine vacuum booster m/c while i had it off the truck earlier this year posted in this thread/posting also..
and the piston/mounting end of it sure does look pretty much identical same to me as this 1977 hydrobooster m/c hmm.......

althoguh it looks like the hydrobooster style m/c push rod hole in the end of the m/c piston is really deep-set into the end of the piston, whereas the delco-moraine vacuum booster pushrod hole is really not set-in deep like this.. hmm... so i dont now??

maybe i should, and then i could have my answer myself i suppose. i know that manual brakes m/c are definitely not same as power ones.. but what about vacuum booster ones vs. hydrboost ones?? ive just never really known exactly, for sure.. all these past decades now, hmm..

who knows what, here, about this, and for sure?

ifg the push rod in the boosters are different, in which it appears tjey are,,, then i probly will just rmeove vacuum booster and just manual brake this truck, which i would prefer to have anyways... i haqve a couple or few differenut stock manual brake pedal push rods around here, one of them should be right length or i can make modify one to work, if i have to.. not a big deal really.. in which case i will have good stock C20 delco moraine vacuum power booster for trade or sale. i am looking for a stock 56" rear main leaf sapriiig and also top two or so springs also, so i can replace the cracked in half ones on my LH side leaf pack finally... oor trade for manual trans clutch link parts pieces mechanical style before 1985... including frame pivot bracket on frame rail and front half oof rear driveline for 2wd 4 speed trucks, and a clutch pedal and link part pieces, so i can swap from this TH350 to a 465 trans.. in the '75 C20 daily driver, because i really just hate auto trannies and I really badly miss having/driving a 4 speed truck, and need one anyways.. because i work the truck, not just drive it... finallly after over 2 years of searching trying to find manual trans clutch link parts pieces to do this swap conversion, finaly.. hmm.. impossible... this is the one only thing i really dont like about this truck, is that its a damn crappy auto trans truck.... hmm...

thx
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
I am looking at doing this with mine as well, did you figure out sir?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Aa far as I know, it's not easily adaptable. It makes a lot more sense to just use a master cylinder with the correct bore step and pushrod style.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te